This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit Stains both literal and metaphorical

Two stories here. One happened a couple days ago and I had meant to post it sooner.

The Metaphorical Shit Stain

AKA this asshole

Guest wanted to check in. I asked for his ID and CC.

SC: I was going to pay cash.
    Me: Sure no problem, I'll need a $150 deposit on top of the room and tax.
    SC: $150? For what?
    Me: It's basically just a damage deposit. You get it back when you check out.
    SC: No hotel has ever asked me for a $150 deposit and I'm a diamond member! (he is)
    Me: I'm sorry, but each hotel is different. Here we require the deposit.
    SC: I think it depends on the employee.

The Literal Shit Stain

This happened this morning and it wasn't an SC. Just kinda gross.

Guest was trying to go from his wheelchair to the toilet, but fell butt first on the floor and couldn't get back up. He called me to help him back up. While there, I noticed a brown stain on the bathroom floor. It was gross, but I remained professional while avoiding it.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to help him back up, so I called our city's finest on a non emergency line.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

The first - If it depended on the employee, because of his attitude, I'd say charge him $1000 cash.

Second - Poor guy. I hope he's all right.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I bet the poor guy in the second story was at least as embarassed as you. If not more so.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I think he'll be ok. He's a young guy. And now that you brought up his possible embarrassment, I'm glad I didn't say anything to him about that poop stain. Makes me have more respect for our HK staff for all that they do.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The second guy, at least he didn't purposely do that.

Come live with at my folks' home with my dad for a day or two and you'll see a true example of shit stains.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            I think he'll be ok. He's a young guy. And now that you brought up his possible embarrassment, I'm glad I didn't say anything to him about that poop stain.
            Discreet of you. Thank you, on his behalf.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Discretion is kindness in a situation like this. I've had to clean up after a disabled guest who had an accident myself, and it's the only time that I ever tucked my tie into my shirt, got on hands and knees, and cleaned shit up off the bedroom carpet cheerfully and with a smile. The poor woman was mortified and hid in the bathroom the entire time, and kept apologizing through the door. I kept telling her how it was such a little thing and how I'd dealt with so much worse.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I bled through my pants during a meditation session at a rehab hospital, once. Now, naturally, a hospital has all the appropriate cleaning supplies for a biohazard; but I still felt horrible about it. Kept offering to do the cleanup myself, but my Occupational Therapist shooed me off to my psych appointment instead.

I don't know what my point is, other than .. well. Accidents happen, especially if your ability is restricted. And thank you to all of you who just roll up your sleeves and get on with fixing it.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  SC: No hotel has ever asked me for a $150 deposit and I'm a diamond member! (he is)
                  Me: I'm sorry, but each hotel is different. Here we require the deposit.
                  SC: I think it depends on the employee.
                  Appropriate comeback for that:
                  "Now that you mention it, one of our FORMER employees didn't collect the depost - that's why he's a FORMER employee."

As for the second one, it's easy to tell an accident from a deliberate "shit painting". With the accident, not only is the shitter embarrassed an apologetic, but there's less shit to clean up.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X