This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Passing After the Merge

So, I'm driving home from my not-quite-weekly trip to the membership warehouse store and doing my thing.

There are a lot of places on the drive, both to and from, where my route has a merge with another lane that I can't actually see until it's almost a single lane.

This was not one of those cases.

In this instance, the interchange drops down as it curves around in a typical cloverleaf design, and is joined on the left by an onramp that merges with the interchange traffic before everybody gets shunted over to the main freeway. Fun times.

Yesterday, there was a car coming up that stretch of onramp, which doesn't happen often. I'm keeping an eye on him and judge that based on speed and position, he should end up a few cars back or so. He, however, has other ideas.

I am not a fan of said ideas, and as I have in the past, I take up the entire space once the lanes merge into one. Actually, I leave the area to my right mostly empty, as nobody is interested in passing me on that side, and shift left enough that there is no way this guy can pass me unless he drives over the curb (I've seen people do that, too), or hits me. He decides that neither option is viable, so he's left with having to merge in where he should have in the first place.

The best part is that he would have ended up behind me, but for the fact that when I moved over, the guy behind me did the same. I am assuming that it's for much the same reason, too, as he was grinning and laughing despite being alone in his car. My assumption is that he was as amused at the impatient merger being shut down as I was.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden
Working...
X