This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled Much?

I had an older couple come into the store today. The first words out of the woman's mouth were, "Do you have free coffee?" I was taken aback, but I answered politely. "We used to, but not anymore." (We were giving coffee away about 2 months ago when we first opened, but it hasn't been going on for a long time.) She seemed upset, and turned to her husband to tell him the bad news.

He grumbled, then turned to me and dropped this bomb:

"We don't get a free coffee for buying a gift card?"

Um, NO. On what planet does he think this is? We're running a business, not a friggin' charity.

I told him that, NO, we don't give free coffee when you purchase a gift card. He grumbled some more, and said he was never coming back.

Guess what buddy? GOOD. Get your freebee demanding ass out of here. Since you don't actually want to buy anything, you're NOT A CUSTOMER.

I too, prefer to frequent places that just give me stuff for free. Let's all go over to EW's house and see if they are giving away coffee. And I could use a snack as well.

Comment

^ Ha! Exactly. I also feel we should go to the mess-makers' houses and throw stuff around.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
        He grumbled some more, and said he was never coming back.
        Tell me you got that in writing...
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X