This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own brain burp :(

Yesterday I went downtown to apply for a job (which a lot of you saw in sightings and know how that went). After that I decided, you know what, it's been a stressful week, I think I can justify going to In-N-Out on my way home, after all, it is easy to get to, just take the green line out of downtown to West Valley City, have lunch, and then take the 41 back home, easy as 3.14.
    That is until I got to the bus stop for the 41, went to board... and realized that the day pass I had bought was for rail only and couldn't be used on the bus
    In my haste to get downtown, I bought a day pass from the ticket vending machine and didn't notice that I selected the option for rail only instead of full system (UTA gives a discount for rail only because it is cheaper per passenger for them... I didn't notice the price difference though because there was recently a fare increase and the rail only is now slightly higher than what the full system all day used to be, so I figured that the increase must not have been as much as I thought it was going to be).
    Giving credit, the bus driver was fairly understanding... didn't let me board, but also was polite and professional about it... something I got to reflect on while walking the extra block back to the green line station to go back into the city to transfer to another outbound blue line train.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Hey, we all make mistakes. At least the driver was cool about it.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X