This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little girl nearly beats me up way back when! :P

Well IDk where else to put this little funny story. So move if you must.

Ok this happened when I was 15 or so, my parents made me take tae kwon do. It was fun I'm thinking about taking it up again. Well not TKD but something else. Well anyway one day they grouped all the kids and adults together. I was teamed up with this little girl of about 11 or 13. She was a whole head shorter than me btw. In the class, everyone knew to be aware of your partner, don't hurt them and blah blah blah. Not this little girl. We put on our gear, and I grabbed a kicking pad. The exercise was someone to hold the pad while the other kicked. SO was started doing it and all the sudden, the little girl starts going NUTS and starts punching and kicking me with all her might! I was leaning a bit forward to absorb it, but she was still pushing me to the wall. I mean, she was just WAILING away like some kind of tasmainian devil. I didn't even know what to do at that time, I was a bit timid. Luckily the instructor came over and stopped her before I fell. It was embarrassing but I learend my lesson. Dont underestimate little girls, that could beat you up if you're not careful. Though I was tall and skinny at the time and she was short and heavy. So maybe that had something to do with it. Or maybe she was just a girl version of Bruce lee, lol.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

true - size doesn't mean as much in martial arts.

although it does sound like her self-control needs some work if she was only suppose to kick and she started going into full-kill mode. especially if the instructor had to step in and stop her.

Comment

Recently when my 11 yr old daughter was practicing for her black belt test she kicked so hard she sent the much larger boy holding the bag flying backwards. In that case they were encouraged to hit hard. The poor boy just had no idea how strong she was and didn't brace himself properly.

Comment

Working...
      X