X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll write a book o my smartphone...

Well it seems SOMEONE did...

Apparently it's written horribly though. Anyone want to guess whether it's self-published or not? (Not deriding self-publishing in itself or authors who self-publish, just the people who self-publish without editing)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I've read a couple like that ... or rather, I tried to. Like the reviewer, I've had to put some of those down to save my brain cells from trying to knock themselves unconscious in an act of self-preservation.

Comment

I do believe the first Fifty Shades book was written on a Blackberry...Not that I really think that series is of any quality at all. Just thought I'd throw that out there though.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
        I do believe the first Fifty Shades book was written on a Blackberry...Not that I really think that series is of any quality at all. Just thought I'd throw that out there though.
        at least there's very minimal l33t speak or txtspk
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

there's a zombie apocalypse series by Jessica Meigs written on a blackberry, it's actually quite good.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

From this Amazon page comes the following description of the book:

‘Time ago little piece still there was a group of friends, Leona, Shelly, Maggie, Sonia and me, Jennie. We were all good girls and had big plans for ourselves.’ And Kriss, he’s hot but he’s older and he’s Claire’s brother, so Jennie can’t go there, no way. Then one of the group winds up stabbed and Jennie and her friends are out to sort the asshole who did it, whatever it takes. What with that and some family stuff Jennie does a little growing up, and who’s gonna help her do that better than the gorgeous Kriss… The Kickdown Girls is a story for today, for the streetwise girl who knows what she’s worth and who ain’t worth her time.
            Gee, this novel doesn't sound like a turd sandwich with extra diarrhea at all....

Only $5.50 for the Kindle edition. I'm contemplating buying it. Then again I've suffered at least one serious head injury.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

In fairness, I HAVE been writing a story on my smartphone BUT with the intent to eventually transport the text into a word processor, edit and format it BEFORE publishing.

Also, my writing doesn't suck.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Yeah, I don't care what machine someone uses to write, but please have someone else edit/critique it.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                  Considering the quality of that series, that (bolded text) is probably a good idea.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is georgina campbell
                    i wrote the book 'The kickdown girls'
                    what ive been reading about one man whom dosent like my book, the fact is his hasnt even read it, his just taking snipets of whats on amazon, me myself i dont think his got a life putting people down he dosent know me and he defo hasnt read my book, the book is about a group of girls living in south london and all the things they get up too.
                    it dosent read as a text message, i just wish people could have their own mind and not jump on broad what some lonely old man has to say.

Comment

Working...
                    X