Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes! Orange cones! With reflective stripes!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes! Orange cones! With reflective stripes!

So a spot where I live is infamous for simply not having lights on at night, enough so that one of my city friends gets creeped out driving through the area. There's perhaps 4-5 areas with regular streetlights, and those tend to be a sickly orange color. Add this to the almost constant mist and the spot looks like a horror game. Anyway, this means anything bright stands out like a sore thumb so this guy had no excuse.

I and perhaps 3-5 other people are driving along the road at 10-11 pm when a bank of spotlights and road repair vehicles becomes visible. Like sane people, I, myself and pretty much everyone else merge to the other side of the road smoothly. With one exception. A truck keeps barreling along at full speed towards the lights. I drop back, with the thought that either he's going to merge at the last second or crash. He picks option 3. Slam on the brakes at the last possible minute, then honk furiously at the apparently unexpected orange cones and floodlights, then slam into reverse, move over, then drive past, leaning on the horn the whole way. W. T. F.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

as if the road repair is suddenly going to get out of his way?

Comment

Only slightly on topic, but I despise sodium street lights.

Otherwise, I'm sure that construction equipment was really intimidated by his little drama play.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's very likely that the orange barrels could have attacked!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395693/plotsummary
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          It's very likely that the orange barrels could have attacked!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395693/plotsummary
          You know, we'd probably win that war, just because of the sheer number of people who don't know how to drive and crash over all that stuff anyway.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
            A truck keeps barreling along at full speed towards the lights.
            He believed that you were, as is proper, getting out of his way on his road.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              as if the road repair is suddenly going to get out of his way?

I bet he screams at the mirror as well, expecting the other guy to move out of the doorway.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
              X