This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor CW...SCW accusations

So, to state again, my newest CW is sweet, but a bit timid...and an SC magnet.

This time, however, the SC are other CWs.

So, cast of characters:
    CW -- unlucky worker
    Mom--another CW, mother of the customer
    Dad--another customer of our bank
    MYOB--a third CW who really had nothing to do with anything until she butted in
    Girl--the customer, daughter to Mom and to Dad, who wasn't an SC at all

So, my bank has certain eligibility requirements to become a customer. Some of those eligibility requirements can be waved for a family member of an existing customer. Girl did not meet some of those eligibility requirements, but as she was daughter to two customers, Mom and Dad, we could waive those requirements.

Girl wants to be a customer by getting a car loan.

Now somewhere in the lengthy list of notes on the car loan application was a mention that Girl was eligible to be a customer because she was daughter of Mom. Generally, the long list of application notes are concerning getting the loan APPROVED. Once it is approved, the loan officer completing the loan goes over the conditions, if any, to the approval, but we do not usually scan the long lead up of notes prior to that because we're too busy to read a bunch of notes that should not apply to what we are currently doing.

CW gets Girl to do the loan completion. CW discovers that Girl does not meet all of our eligibility requirements. CW ASKS Girl if she has any relatives. Girl says yes: Mom and Dad. Girl's last name matches that of Dad, doesn't match that of Mom. CW happens to list Dad as reason for waiving the eligibility requirement.

That's the long and short of what happened.

The next day, CW gets a huge venom-filled e-mail from MYOB about how she is sexist because she choose the Dad instead of the Mom, despite Mom being an employee and the loan notes specifically mentioning that Girl was eligible via Mom.

This had CW nearly in tears and she came to me for advice. Now I could have said a lot of things. Like how who happens to be listed for the eligibility requirement waiver means absolutely nothing. How I probably would have chosen to list Dad because the matching last name made it slightly easier and it didn't matter anyway.

Being a smart person, I instead sent her directly to management, who had her back and took it to MYOB and to Mom (who was apparently the source of the venom in the background... in case it's not easily guessable, Mom and Dad were very divorced and very not happy with each other) management about the inappropriateness of such an accusation.

MYOB apologized to CW, but poor CW is now afraid to talk to MYOB or to Mom (who both work in the call center, so could come up on the phone on the occasions that we have to call over there for a customer.) I have since given her my own "I'd have done the same thing, most likely" support. So glad the SCWs don't work in the same building as us for poor CW's sake.

I'm irritated for your CW's sake.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      I'm irritated for your CW's sake.
      Ditto that.

I've been hit with a sexism (and others) rant for no reason as well, and know how frustrating it can be, especially when one isn't.
      And although I can kind of understand playing the "sexism card" (or race, or age, etc.) for some kind of gain, I'm a little baffled here. Having CW change the person claimed as waiver doesn't get the loan more approved, and I'm guessing that this won't somehow get back to the father, so it's not a way to get at him, so WTF was the purpose? Heck, I'm not in banking and I can see that saying Ms. Carloanee is Mr. Carloanee's daughter is a heck of a lot more convenient than explaining that Ms. Carloanee is actually Ms. Excarloanee's daughter whenever it comes up in the process. Sad.

Comment

Working...
      X