This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother lost a customer.

Let me preempt this by saying that some of the SC's comments are very much Fratching marterial, but please, let's not comment on what he says.

My brother owns a trophy business. He does custom orders. SC comes into his shop to pick up the order. SC says he doesn't need 3 of the trophies. My brother, of course, doesn't allow this.

SC: Why should I pay for something I'm not going to use?
    Brother: Not my problem. You ordered it.
    SC: You're just pissed Romney lost.
    B: GTFO of my store! (takes order of trophies back to the back of the store)
    SC: No wait, let's not have it come to this.
    B: Fine. You're paying for what you order.
    SC: Fine, but you lost a customer.

I've read enough stories on here from people who do custom orders who can probably understand why my brother is pissed that the SC doesn't want to pay for his entire order.
    Last edited by Mr Hero; 11-09-2012, 02:57 AM. Reason: Typos
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Um, YEAH. Who does that?!?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Really. Though for a custom order I think I would make it a 75% up front, 25% on pickup. At least that should come close to covering costs. [or make it whatever covers the costs.]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I agree that a portion of payment should be up front; I mean, what is your brother going to do with 3-trophies made/engraved for a complete stranger? SCs use any excuse, right?
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Goodness Gracious, What will he do??? He lost a customer??? That is the END OF THE WORLD!!!
          "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

"Get out of my store"

"I'm never coming back"

"That's the idea!"

Comment

SC: Fine, but you lost a customer.
              So... in order to keep such an "quality" customer, your brother is suppose to put up with a loss of profit because the customer changed his mind after giving his word?

What a douchbag

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                So... in order to keep such an "quality" customer, your brother is suppose to put up with a loss of profit because the customer changed his mind after giving his word?
                ...and would probably keep forcing him to put up with loss profit because he'd keep changing his mind and threaten to never come back.

Yeah no, it's better to nip this one in the bud. Brother was good.
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Those three trophies may well have represented dinner for his family.

I know when my parents ran a business, during the early stages a loss like that could be that bad. They tried to shield us from the worst of it - we kids had dinner, but Mum and Dad put off other sorts of costs as long as possible. Sometimes longer than is wise.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                  X