This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The after hours doc with a sense of humour

So I went into the after hours doc today with what turned out to be tonsilitis. I'm now on erythromycin. I've been to that clinic a few times before and apart from one mild issue (that was my fault), I haven't had a problem with them. I've gone to them when I've been sick at night or haven't been able to get into my regular clinic for one reason or another. Thus, I avoid clogging up the emergency department.

After I'd mentioned my symptoms to him however, the good doctor began to conduct the examination, elaborating as follows:

-The thermometer apparently can "act as a magnet and suck your brain out" since it goes in the ear. (I had a mild fever)

-When he was using the light to check my ears and throat, he told me to cover up the other ear or both ears, since apparently the light will go out the "other side" or out of "both ears".

-He did say something about the stethoscope, but I can't remember what. Luckily, I didn't have pleuresy.

I wish all my doctors were like that
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I did something like this with a friend (charge nurse where I do clinic) in clinic once. She wanted me to check an ear during lab. I took an otoscope, looking in and said in a loud voice:

"Wow! I can see all the way through to the other side!"

It got a lot of laughs from everyone.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Evidently this doctor seemed to be thinking along those lines.

I wonder if he's a paediatrician....
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My regular GP is funny. I always come in with my thermos full of coffee, as I schedule appointments first thing. I had gotten into a car accident last time and asked if I should be concerned about Alzheimer's since I'd had so many head injuries. He was all for continuing with all the coffee, because it's said to prevent dementia. He always teases me about my coffee consumption. He came into my job last week and recognized me. I figure maybe I'm one of his favorites, or he just remembers people very well.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X