This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Remember A Movie Title...

It's a movie about a writer who has been talking to this young boy on the phone. The boy is sick because he was molested and contracted an std. He became pen-pals with the writer and soon asked the writer to make his next book a story about what happened to him. The writer agrees, but when he introduces the idea to his managers, the managers shoot it down, saying they don't think the boy is real. The writer insists the boy is real and plays phone messages fron the boy and his mother. The managers say that the boy sounds like the mom, implying that she is faking.

The writer again insists that the boy is real and sets out to find him. When he guts to the boy's hometown, he asks around to see who knows him. Everyone knows him saying what a nice boy he is and how sad that he's sick, but no one has ever actually seen him. He is able to track down the mom and go to her house, but the boy isn't there. Apparently, he is in the hospital. The mom wouldn't tell him the room number, saying he isn't in a room yet. He goes to the hospital and finds out the boy isn't there.

When he gets back, the mom is gone and the house is cleaned out. In the end, the mom is buying a house in a new city and telling the agent about her sick son.

I cannot, for the life of me, find the name of this movie.
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Hm, do you remember some of the actors that starred in that movie? That way you can do a IMDb search on them.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

It's The Night Listener, with Robin Williams and Toni Collette. Williams plays a deejay who has been receiving phone calls from a "sick boy".

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's also a Law and Order episode with a very similar plotline, with the people faking a sick girl in order to get donations and stuff.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
          I'm pretty sure there's also a Law and Order episode with a very similar plotline, with the people faking a sick girl in order to get donations and stuff.
          I was about to say! I think I remember seeing that episode. It was Criminal Intent, I think.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            I was about to say! I think I remember seeing that episode. It was Criminal Intent, I think.
            For some reason I saw Robin Williams in another post and then Law and Order and my brain jumped to the SVU episode where he was the antagonist and conducted the Milgram experiment on Benson and Stabler.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
              Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

Yep! I've actually been seeing commercials for that episode on the Ion channel recently.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That episode is on the channel ION right now. I have it on in the background.
                Season 1, Episode 21- Faith http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629532/

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                  It's The Night Listener, with Robin Williams and Toni Collette. Williams plays a deejay who has been receiving phone calls from a "sick boy".
                  OOOOHHHHMYYYYGOOOSSSHHHH!!!! That's it!!!That'sit that'sit that'sit!! That has been driving me up the wall for weeks now! You are amazing!!!
                  Answers: $1
                  Correct Answers: $2
                  Answers that require thought: $5
                  Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

I think I have a galley copy of this book somewhere...
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                      OOOOHHHHMYYYYGOOOSSSHHHH!!!! That's it!!!That'sit that'sit that'sit!! That has been driving me up the wall for weeks now! You are amazing!!!

Glad to help. By the way, anyone else who has movie questions, especially about classic movies, feel free to ask me!

Comment

Working...
                      X