Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this economy, I am grateful to have my job. At times it is stressful and very difficult, but I love it. I have a degree in business administration and have worked office jobs. I didn't care for most of them, and from all the newspapers and job sites I have looked at, there aren't that many openings in my field where I live, so I will stay where I am and be grateful I have a job to go to.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I am incensed at that. How completely rude. You shouldn't have even had to justify working there by explaining you have a degree. That's the whole problem with the conversation. I don't have a degree and work retail, and have been repeatedly told I am above average by far in intelligence. I'd tell her just that--I have done it before--and let that stick in her craw.*

*I don't mean to sound arrogant; it's just a fact in my life that proves the point.
      I've had that before, too. I just explain that at the moment, it suits me to continue in a job where I have benefits etc rather than try and start a new one. Anything else will prompt the "It's none of your business" line.

I also had a customer back when I was working on the checkout say, "A shame you dropped out of school, isn't it?" which really angered me, cuz she was assuming that all cashiers are dropouts. I replied, "Actually, I've got GCSEs, A-Levels and an NVQ, but sadly there just aren't the jobs about." I ended up talking to the woman's more likeable friend about Shakespeare plays, while the woman stood there slack jawed.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
      X