X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Ranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoVhgaj6PiE

Hmm. I loved the lone ranger when I was a kid. This could either be epic fail, or just plain epic..
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Okay, at this point I'm thinking that Depp simply likes being in Tim Burton films so much because he gets to wear inordinate amounts of makeup.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I want them to use Cosby's Lone Ranger routine for the script.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        Okay, at this point I'm thinking that Depp simply likes being in Tim Burton films so much because he gets to wear inordinate amounts of makeup.
        They're in so many movies together my BF and I refer to Depp as "Mrs. Tim Burton". which brings up another question... is the other wife (HBC) in this one too?

Edit: answering my own question with a lack of surprise... yes.

and i'm equally not surprised that if I google johnny depp and helena bonham carter the first link is a link to images. the second is a link to an article asking Burton to stop casting them all the time
        Last edited by PepperElf; 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Please tell me that Depp is NOT Tonto. Please? I.. just .. please? Tell me I am crazy, and he is The Lone Ranger????
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            Please tell me that Depp is NOT Tonto. Please? I.. just .. please? Tell me I am crazy, and he is The Lone Ranger????
            Yes he's Tonto.

according to wiki he claims to be part Native American through his great grandmother

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              Yes he's Tonto.
              Admittedly there aren't as many of us around anymore who are familiar with the original Lone Ranger TV series (Moore/Silverheels) and were ticked off that the movie "The Legend of the Lone Ranger" not only didn't hire Clayton Moore for the title role, but got an injunction banning him from wearing the mask (he switched to sunglasses), but when a character is tightly bound to one actor, anyone else trying to take it over has to be Tonto - muy, muy tonto.

R.I.P. Clayton Moore
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I like Depp. I think he is an excellent actor, but I will not see this movie most likely. Sorry, they need an obviously Native American person to play Tonto. It would be like Batman being played by somebody not only obviously Russian, but with a thick Russian Accent. No..just NO.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  I want them to use Cosby's Lone Ranger routine for the script.
                  That would be fantastic!

Lone Ranger:  Tonto?

Tonto: Yes, Kemo Sabe?

Lone Ranger: You go to town.

Tonto: You go to Hell, Kemo Sabe!!!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My poor mother would be livid. She not only worshipped the Lone Ranger as a kid, she met him! Well, the actor, actually...Although she first enjoyed his adventures as radio dramas.

For many years, our Christmas Nativity set included a small horse that my mother got when she met the actor at some special appearance she went to. Yes, Silver the horse joined the other animals in the stable...

I shudder to think what she would say about that bird sitting on Depp's head.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X