Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probably would have noticed if her blood sugar/cholesterol was raised because she had just been eating as her body hadn't absorbed the sugar/fats from the food yet. It would mean she would have to come back for a repeat, and if she was silly enough to eat immediately before it again, potentially get treated unnecessarily. Which is a waste of time and resources on everyone's part.

Comment

Quoth PandaHat View Post
      They probably would have noticed if her blood sugar/cholesterol was raised because she had just been eating as her body hadn't absorbed the sugar/fats from the food yet. It would mean she would have to come back for a repeat, and if she was silly enough to eat immediately before it again, potentially get treated unnecessarily. Which is a waste of time and resources on everyone's part.
      I didn't know that. I was thinking that the receptionist and the people taking her blood wouldn't have noticed, and then she'd be in one HECK of a surprise when they tell her that her blood sugar and/or cholesterol is astronomically high.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Well, I probably screwed myself over today. I ate, late because I worked late and I called my GP to find out if I had a fasting blood draw tomorrow or not because, um, my appointment was originally scheduled for Saturday (I moved it to tomorrow) and had not received my paperwork for the blood draw.

Dr. M usually does my cholesterol and sugars as well as my Thyroid levels so I usually fast. I also tend to get my paperwork a week in advance. The receptionist I talked to was a bit of a spaz and had me sit on the phone in silence for 2 minutes when I asked her if this was fasting test or not. I guess she was distracted with something else because she was like "Oh-oh! Its not fasting."

-.- I knew I should've called a second time and asked someone else. Damn. But noo.. I was working late and didn't realize my mistake until after their offices closed. (My schedule at work this week has been crap. Open-close-open. I'm surprised I'm still coherent enough to type this... sort of.. hmm.)
        Last edited by AnqeiicDemise; 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM.
        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

She was definitely angry, but I was left wondering, who was at fault here? The woman for not looking at her form and then yelling at the poor receptionist, or the people who she said did not tell her about the test? I'm thinking, they should have told her, but she also could have asked them if they didn't tell her.
          I'm just wondering if they really didn't tell her or if they told her and she ignored or forgot it. I mean don't forget what site we're on...

Comment

People sometimes just don't think they need to follow rules. At the same time they would be very mad at their doctor if they got treatment for a medical condition they did not have for not fasting before their blood test.

I have had to have blood work done in the morning before I went to work. I stopped on the way and bought my coffee and breakfast with me. I did not eat until after my appointment. The receptionist asked if I had eaten anything yet when she saw my food and I explained that I planned to eat at work after I left there. I walked to the appointment and work so I did not have a car to leave my food in.

Comment

Quoth retailworker7 View Post
              I have had to have blood work done in the morning before I went to work. I stopped on the way and bought my coffee and breakfast with me. I did not eat until after my appointment. The receptionist asked if I had eaten anything yet when she saw my food and I explained that I planned to eat at work after I left there. I walked to the appointment and work so I did not have a car to leave my food in.
              You know, it is entirely possible that the receptionist didn't want to take a risk when she saw the food. I don't know if the woman had been eating before, or, like you, brought her breakfast and had planned on eating if afterward. If she had said that she planned on eating afterward, she could have avoided all this mess.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
              X