This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more wheat

I've done some reading (prompted by something my sister said during that long conversation the other day), and I've decided to stop eating wheat, as much as possible.

I've had some challenges in losing weight, and I read that when you eat wheat, you get the urge to keep eating. This explains a lot. It's very interesting reading, so I've decided to cut out the wheat and see where it takes me.

Stay tuned!

I'd be interested to see what happens. When I eat food, I get the urge to keep eating.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I know how that is.

I've read that the wheat that is grown and eaten today is very different from what our grandparents ate. It's been crossbred again and again to make it more resistant to changes in weather, and more resistant to fungi and diseases. Not to mention that it's specifically grown to have a high gluten content, so that it will bake better.

My arm itches today, and I wonder if it's because I haven't had any wheat since Friday, and that was just a piece of chocolate with a wafer in it. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

If you replace wheat items with gluten free items you WILL NOT lose weight. You have to give up breads and cakes and pastas all together. The gluten/wheat free alternitves have as many calories as the wheat containing items.

Comment

It's not about gluten, it's about wheat itself. I don't have any plans to go wild with other floury/baked goods.

Comment

Consider other grains like spelt, khorasan, etc. They share an ancestor with wheat, so they are easier to substitute than the completely GF stuff like rice, quinoa, etc, but they shouldn't affect your gut.

Think about reducing the amount of sugar in your diet too, if your goal is to lose weight.

Comment

Working...
            X