This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Employee

So maybe I am being unfair, but I was pissed and I'll probably call tomorrow. I wasn't impressed with this young worker at McDonald's. It was more of the tone of her voice. Snarky and kind of bitchy. Honestly, if the guy had asked me to pay for the cheeseburger, it would have been different because he seemed embarrassed by his mistake but the girl came off as a bitch.

Basically, there was a crowd at the counter and I have minor hearing loss from idiots messing around with the sirens. I also wasn't paying attention as well as I should have been. Apparently the guy rang me up for a cheeseburger instead of a cheeseburger meal that includes 2 cheeseburgers, fries, and a drink. Now, thinking back, he actually did ask me if I wanted to make it a large so I guess he must have hit a wrong button. I don't remember him saying the total and I said I didn't want my receipt when he asked me.

So the girl brings out a fry in a bag and yells "large fry! Large fry!" She gets frustrated and sticks it near the register and tells the guy it's a large fry. A few minutes later, she brings out more food and the guy receiving that food comments the large fry should have been his. So he gets his food and leaves. I think I was the next up and she brings out a cheeseburger. I ordered a meal. So she goes and grabs a fry. I point out that it's a cheeseburger meal so she gets huffy.

She rings me up for a cheeseburger and I am kind of shocked since usually when people mess up, the food is free. Yes, slightly sucky on my part, but I honestly don't know how much I was charged since I didn't see the receipt. My fault on the receipt, but still.

So she's like, "well, I gave you the fry for free." Imagine her saying it in a snarky little teenager stereotype.

My biggest issue is the attitude. So I ask the guy what her name is and she makes a point to run to the manager and start talking to the manager (or shift lead, this girl I went to high school with) in a loud voice. Both of them look at me as I leave.

I am guessing the guy was new, but the girl didn't have to have an attitude. I already complained to McDonald's.com and Planet Feedback. I was nice enough to take her name out of the PF complaint. I am debating about going in and complaining tomorrow, but on the other hand I don't see the point. I doubt anything will happen.

Maybe she always sounds like a teenager with an attitude, but if that's the case, then they should put her on the grill so she doesn't talk to customers.
    Last edited by emt_cookies; 11-17-2012, 09:29 AM.

Sounds like she does need an attitude adjustment. Even if part of the fault was yours, that doesn't mean she doesn't have to be polite.

Only exception is for SCs. Which you weren't.

Comment

Working...
    X