This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    Now what am I supposed to eat once the Apocalypse comes?
    Zombie Jerky?

*runs and hides*
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Vachon has been making Hostess stuff for us Canadians. Hopefully, the Twinkie will still live on there.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        I just realized that Wonder Bread is one of the few brands eligible for WIC here, so that means all sorts of fun when it goes away.
        I'm sure the brand will be picked up by somebody else, along with the Twinkie brand.

Maybe even the new owners will make it bread and not just the vaguely gluten-based breadlike substance it was before. Who knows?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          I'm sure the brand will be picked up by somebody else, along with the Twinkie brand.

Maybe even the new owners will make it bread and not just the vaguely gluten-based breadlike substance it was before. Who knows?
          That's what the union hopes as well apparently, in an article I just read. However the article also quoted the doubts of the Chief Executive, adding in that the company had already been trying to find buyers for several years.

kinda like trying to sell the Titanic after it bumps an iceberg... it might not be worth the risk.
          Last edited by PepperElf; 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Now Hostess really is going bust:
            http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/twi...ands-1.1407181
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
              good read, and a good explanation of why it couldn't remain functional.

Comment

I wonder how many SCs Pilot/Flying J will get this month. I realize "Challenge" magazine has a lead time, but one of the specials offered is a 3-pack for the price of a 2-pack of Hostess cupcakes.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                  There's gotta be another company willing to take the twinkies and the other stuff, they're too popular, everybody loves them.
                  There's always the option to make your own.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Blue Bird bought most of the recipes from Hostess, and Twinkies are still here but they just have a different name now.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

The factory where the Twinkie was invented is one block away from my house! This whole town is sad (maybe it helped in our town voting out our longtime cronyish mayor by just 20 votes) but they've been having labor problems for years. My next door neighbor was a supervisor at the factory for as long as I know. Fun story, when I was a kid, they held a 'family day' kind of block party at the factory, and my brother and I pretended to be her kids' cousins to get in. My favorite thing there was the pie eating contest. You had to eat the blueberry pie off the plate without using your hands as fast as possible. I won a baseball bat for winning!

Anyways, yes there's some similar replacements out there now that our store replaced them with, part of our 'thaw and serve' stuff, but it clearly isn't the same (not selling the same either).

Comment

Little Debbie bought them. They are now called cloud cakes.

http://www.littledebbie.com/pressroom.asp

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                          Little Debbie bought them. They are now called cloud cakes.

http://www.littledebbie.com/pressroom.asp
                          Cloud Cakes are good, but it doesn't sound the same way when you tell someone "I hope you choke on a Cloud Cake."

Speaking of Twinkies, they are coming back . . .

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...inois/2121559/

So now I can go back to telling people who piss me off to "Go choke on a Twinkie" again. . .
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            Cloud Cakes are good, but it doesn't sound the same way when you tell someone "I hope you choke on a Cloud Cake."
                            Except, people will still call them Twinkies, even if their official product name through Little Debbie is different. They're yellow pastries with cream filling-- hence, they're Twinkies.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Saputo bought the Canadian rights to Hostess Brands, so we Canadians never missed out when Hostess went bankrupt.
                              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                              X