This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happened at neighbourhood convenience store

Stopped by the local C-store to get a newspaper, and another customer asked if he could buy some coins. The clerk said they might be able to sell some, and the guy said "Great - I'd like $25 in toonies. I replied "Nobody can sell you $25 worth of toonies".

I guess this would also fall under "Sucky Customers" - wanting to get a buck's worth of your change as quarters for the laundromat is one thing, but don't expect a convenience store to be a bank - they need the change for normal transactions.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Nothing wrong with asking a store if you can buy a roll of change or even breaking a larger bill; they can say yes or no, after all. The suck would only happen if the customer threw a fit when told no, IMO.

But yeah, $25 in toonies is pretty silly lol. Would have made more sense to ask for 25 toonies

Comment

Certainly I can sell you 12 toonies for $25.00. No problem. (extra $1 is idiot tax).
      (basically idiot was asking to buy $25.00 in two dollar bills)
      Last edited by Teskeria; 11-18-2012, 01:43 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Similar brain burp was a few years ago. I was at a friend's place, and his wife told him that his sister-in-law would be coming over the next weekend. He asked "Which one?", and I answered. No, I wasn't privy to the information - simple logic, since his brother's wife is the only one of his sisters-in-law who his wife would refer to as such, rather than as "my sister".
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

So did clerk and brainburper customer laugh along with you wolfie?

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I wasn't privy to the information - simple logic,
          And some background knowledge of family dynamics. My wife often refers to her sister as my sister-in-law. It puts the burden of association on me for the humor aspect.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            ... My wife often refers to her sister as my sister-in-law...
            Like the line "Your children..." it means any and all problems are your fault.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              I hear that a lot from my mom . . .

"Your" dog did *insert whatever Abby did that she's not supposed to do here*

Or "Your" baby . . . *insert whatever Mom let Abby get away with this time here.*

But then this is the same Mom who will ask first thing every morning "Where's my Grandbaby?"
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                When my wife says that to me, I always follow it with: "... are not as bad as your children."

Comment

Working...
                X