This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indecisive Suck

Okay, so maybe I'm being a little harsh. I'm pretty patient, but being patient doesn't mean that I'm not annoyed, just means that I won't blow my top for a good long time. (Seriously, camping a single rare spawn in a game for 8 hours straight teaches one patience.)

So I went to Qdoba (yes, I do love Qdoba, it's a happy food for me and is healthier than McDonald's.) I entered in, probably maybe 10-15 minutes before the dinner rush would start and see this couple in front of me. Now there are a few different sucks this couple committed in my opinion.

Suck the first, or, No Queso sauce is NOT a salsa;

So the lady had a coupon for free chips and salsa, I recognized that coupon as one that I get e-mailed from time to time and am always very excited when I get it because I LOVE Qdoba tortilla chips.

So she asks if the queso (or cheese) sauce counts as a salsa and is told no. Not sucky, very valid question.

It's when she starts trying to do little tricks into getting the poor cashier (who is working the front by herself at the moment) to give her queso instead of salsa on the free coupon. First she taste tests all the other salsas they have, then starts talking about how she'd like both the red and green salsas. The cashier tells her that she can have both a red and green salsa. Then she discusses it with creepy guy that she's with, then goes, "Oh well instead of the two salsas can I have the queso sauce?"

Cashier: Well, I can sell you a side of queso sauce--
    Woman: No, no. I mean with the coupon.
    Cashier: No.
    Woman: But I can have two kinds of salsa?
    Cashier: Yes.

So another round of taste testing.

This repeats at least three times (minus the taste testing) with the woman trying different ways of phrasing the question or series of questions.

Finally they decide to get the chips and one of each red and green salsa, and purchase a side of queso.

Suck the Second, or, Didn't you just decide this?

So they've decided to get the chips, queso, and salsas. Then there is this huge debate over the price. Mind you, they are only being charged for the queso side. So the guy starts pondering and pondering if they should get a second bag of chips. There was - I kid you not - a ten minute explanation and intense discussion of the difference in price between just a bag of chips, a bag of chips and salsa, and a bag of chips and queso sauce.

Seriously. Oh, and now there's someone waiting behind me too.

Suck the Third, or, BONUS ROUND CREEP

So, someone who I believe is the Store Manager pops out around now to make my burrito, while the cashier is tied up. The cashier then asks the indecisive nits to step to the side so that she can ring me through while they make their decision. So I ask for just a bag of chips - that wasn't so hard! - and then proceed to go through payment. Now, I also have a filled out application for Qdoba with me to give to them because minimum wage is better than no wage.

Let me paint you a picture of Mr. Indecisive Creep. Looking at his face you think of a rat with a beard (and not cool like Splinter or Nicodemus) with the nose of a hawk and sunken in cheeks. Oh, and his nose seems to be constantly running. His shoulders are rounded over like he's constantly trying to keep someone sitting behind him from cheating off his test and he's wearing a hoodie under a puffy jacket and pants that are surely 4 sizes too big for him.

All of I sudden, as I'm pulling out my money, I feel my personal bubble being breached, and then I hear, "Qdoba, Team Member application. So you wanna work here?"

Yup.

Mr. Indecisive Creep is all up on my back sticking his head over my shoulder to see the papers I'm holding.

So I just answered, "Yeah."

"Guess you like the food here..." he says in a tone so greasy I swore it came off the fryalator at the nearby McD's. It was a tone that said if I give him an inch he'll use it to act like I'm coming onto him.

So, my answer is...

"Thanks for my change, bye now," to the cashier and I walk off. I could almost feel the look of disdain and the obviously scoffed "Bitch" as I strode off with my burrito and chips.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Not being harsh enough, IMO. I hate it when people try to work their way into getting more stuff for free; especially after already being told once that it doesn't work that way. And I especially hate time wasters; like taking up more of my time means I'll eventually give in to get you to go away.

All sorts of wrong with that idiot.

Comment

Who takes 10 minutes to get chips and salsa? Are you sure you want to work there??
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Who takes 10 minutes to get chips and salsa? Are you sure you want to work there??
        This is the first time I've seen any kind of suck here (and I go to this location a lot.) It's a hot spot for the local cops to pop in and out of for something portable to eat in their cars, so most people are aware that it would be a bad idea to try and harass the people working there.

I also believe they are understaffed, which was why the store manager had to come out to help.
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Mr. Indecisive Creep is all up on my back sticking his head over my shoulder to see the papers I'm holding.
          Sounds like he was trying to scope out your phone number or worse, your address!

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
            Sounds like he was trying to scope out your phone number or worse, your address!
            I'd like to see him show up at my house. Someone's already tried that (creepy stalker that I'd like to just forget about) and when Ranger heard my tone he went all;

"I'm 115 pounds of muscle and you're making my lady uncomfortable. I don't like you. These are my teeth. They will be in your leg if you don't back off."

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
              Not being harsh enough, IMO. I hate it when people try to work their way into getting more stuff for free; especially after already being told once that it doesn't work that way. And I especially hate time wasters; like taking up more of my time means I'll eventually give in to get you to go away.

All sorts of wrong with that idiot.
              not even with food, but with anyone who tries to re-ask the same question repeatedly ... just to see if they can trick the employee into changing the answer into one they want.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                when Ranger heard my tone he went all;

"I'm 115 pounds of muscle and you're making my lady uncomfortable. I don't like you. These are my teeth. They will be in your leg if you don't back off."
                Ranger sounds like a good dog. Hope you gave him a really big doggy treat after that. As for the original topic, if you do get a job there, hopefully you won't have to deal with that kind of suck too often.
                Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I always seem to get stuck behind the indecisive ones. In the shopping center where I work there's a Qdoba and a Panera. I usually do Panera since its right next to us, but every now and then I'll go to Qdoba. Each and every time it seems I get behind someone who cannot make up their mind. Last time it was a woman who had ordered 2 items, dithered about what to put on what, and when the employee asked me what I wanted, she suddenly darted back and said she had more! Ok fine, but what I will do if I'm ordering several things, is tell them up front "I'd like 3 burritos....blah, blah, blah" that way they know what to expect. I also have it written down so all I have to do is go down my list, and voila, in and out.

Comment

Working...
                  X