This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deevil View Post
    Several of the gas station franchises around here have a card that you can sign up for that basically just has your DL info, so that you can swipe it instead of having to go in and prepay. If you "forget" to pay, they will have all the info needed to send the collection goons after you.
    They won't even consider that because the other places that allowed that have been facing lawsuits because people will stupidly lose that card and other people will pick it up, use their info, and then steal the gas. Leading the police to the clumsy idiot who left their DL information on that card and then left that card on the counter/parking lot/etc.

Not exactly something they want to be dealing with.

Comment

These companies think customers will feel inconvenienced and shop elsewhere. They're not smart enough to realize most customers are inherently lazy. Sure, some will bitch and moan about having to prepay, but they're not going to trouble themselves with going elsewhere because that would also be inconvenient. I see far too many of the same whiners day after day complaining about stupid things they don't like at the store. Yet, they are back darkening the door like a black cloud again the very next day. Some return multiple times a day. I say they should just hit the road for good if they don't like the way business is done. I think prepay or pay-at-pump are more logical for business.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

So guys.

We switch to prepay only on Thursday of next week.

Yippee-ki-yay muthafuckas.

I'll let you guys know how it goes with all the people who are ticked off about it. Not to mention all the people who think they'll be able to steal our gas and end up just standing there like sticks in the mud when they figure out that we can't turn the pumps on anymore.

Yow! Gotta suck to have to actually PAY for shit now.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
          So guys.

We switch to prepay only on Thursday of next week.
          And it's about bloody time, too! I hope there are plenty of signs warning customers of the upcoming change. Not that customers read anyway...
          Quoth Gaki View Post
          Yow! Gotta suck to have to actually PAY for shit now.
          Aww, poooor babies. Big bad gas station won't let them steal gas no more!

I hope the SCs aren't too mean to you, personally. Just keep the counter between you and them and let their verbal vomit roll off of you.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The last of the pump and then pay stations flipped to pre-pay right about the time the prices spiked from Katrina in my area. It's become an ingrained habit to pay then pump so whenever i run across a rare pump then pay while on a trip it screws me all up... The person behind the counter gets a good laugh though

Comment

Working...
            X