This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok lady, don't listen to me.

Er, not sure if this actually counts as she wasn't REALLY a customer...

The past two days I've been doing a short promotional gig that my friend got me for some quick cash ($300 for two days of work is pretty worth it) in Boston. Basically I was to promote a sale that a store I was near by was having by telling people about it and handing out a small flyer that also had a 20% off coupon for later. (So, sale is Monday-Wednesday, then the flyer has the coupon which is for Saturday-next Thursday.)

I get it, promotional workers annoy people. They don't care, they don't want paper stuff to carry around, they just want me to leave them alone. I get that. Whenever someone says no, no thanks, shakes their head, or just keeps walking by ignoring me I leave them alone and let them go on with their day.

So this one woman takes the flyer.

Woman: What's this?
    Me: Oh it's for <store's> pre-Black Friday sales.
    Woman: *shoves the flyer back into my chest* I'm not coming out then!
    Me: *startled* Oh, I'm sorry you misunderstood. The sale in this particular flyer is for today through Wednesday.
    Woman: *stomps off, turns around and screams at me* I AM NOT COMING OUT ON BLACK FRIDAY.
    Me: ....?

I then watch her storm into the very mall where the store is. I don't know if she went to the store I was promoting for, but I looked at the three other people I was with and just kind of shrugged.

It did bother me though. I don't like people touching me and when she shoved the flyer into my chest I nearly bashed her nose in with my fist.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

She was an ass. Nobody's forcing her to come out on Friday.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

She has something against BF, but what does that have to do with you?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What a bitch.

Comment

Good grief, WTH?? If she doesn't want to do any Black Friday shopping, that's fine (neither do I!) but don't slam flyers back at people as if they'd just deliberately insulted you!

Comment

Another reason for me to do ALL my shopping on Amazon. I don't have to run into assholes like that.
            Last edited by Tama; 11-21-2012, 09:51 PM.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
            X