This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is *not* a good place to stop!

I was on my way home from the mall (calm before the storm...), when I approached a 4-way intersection which I consider one of the most dangerous in the area. No traffic lights, a state highway with a left turn lane onto a side road which has a stop sign, and two turn lanes onto said highway. I was on the main road, in the left turn lane. There was a fair amount of traffic in the opposite direction, and being nearly rush hour, both turn lanes on the side road were full of cars.

Once the opposite direction traffic finally gave me an opening, I proceeded to make my left turn, only to find a car which had it's emergency blinkers on sitting right in the middle of the road, barely a car length down the road! If I hadn't been more careful, I would've slammed right into them, since their car was fully hidden by the cars in the turn lanes. At about that point, the cars in the turn lanes were able to make their turns, so I backed up slightly, and made my way into the turn lane to get around the stopped car, figuring they were out of gas, or something. At just this moment, the car inexplicably started moving, and took a left turn just a couple of hundred feet ahead, angling to turn around.

I'm just glad nothing happened, but they definitely could've found a better place to stop! There was a bank on the corner, whose entrance was less than a hundred feet on the right from where they'd stopped, so they could've parked there if they needed to turn around, or review their directions. Not only were they in danger, but someone could've slammed into me as well, owing to the lack of visibility! Some people need to think before they park...
    Last edited by AdamAnt316; 11-21-2012, 12:41 AM.
    Goofy music!
    Old tech junk!
Working...
X