Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday/Thursday SC's and PBcups (Epic Length, in parts)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday/Thursday SC's and PBcups (Epic Length, in parts)

Hey all, I was one of the barbarian horde ravaging the retail stores last night and despite a vast majority of pleasant and well behaved shoppers, of course there is always a few looney tunes and asshats who have to misbehave, here's what I saw last night for your reading pleasure.

B/G: RainRoommate and I were literally the first ones in line at our local Red Bullseye, arriving at 4pm for a 9pm opening. The big doorbuster was a 50 inch flatscreen on the cheap, for which they handed out tickets. Finally, as I said in another post, to try and bring a little pick-me-up to the employees who had to deal with the horde, I had a giant bag of PBcups to toss about

Story 1: On The Line.

Around 6:00pm the Red Bullseye security coordinator told those of us in line that by 6:30 no one else would be allowed to join those already in line. There were probably less than 50 of us by that time and I saw him literally go to each group of shoppers to make sure they understood this. At 7 a woman came up and began chatting it up with some thug wannabes a few spots behind us, she was the fiance of one of them. Security Coordr. told her that she couldn't join them in line, but she was welcome to get in the back of the line and promised that there would be enough tickets available for them both to get the 50 inch tvs. (seems pretty reasonable right?) Well for some reason she didn't do this and just hung out on the wrong side of the barricade talking. Around 8pm I heard a commotion and saw her storming off to her car shouting "I woulda spent stacks here too m*therf*ker!" Then Mr. ThugNasty starts into the security guy about his girl. I literally thought to myself "I get the feeling I am about to get some SC material, lol"

ThugNasty: Hey asshole! why you got make this personal! Why you gotta do my girl like that!

Sec. Co: Sir, I already explained this! There is no way your fiance can be allowed to just stand on the wrong side of the barricade, out of line, and simply join you as you walk into the store. If I let one person do it, I have to let ANYONE do it, next thing you know we could have 50 people up here, "joining" someone else as they go in.

ThugNasty: Naw you dont! You just send them other people packing!

Sec. Co: So I am just supposed to make an exception JUST for you? Even though this entire situation could have been avoided if she had just gotten in line when I told her to?

ThugNasty: B*tch! No one tells my girl what to do but me! Why you gotta be like that? You fucked up our entire night!

Sec. Co: You brought this on yourself sir, no one kept your fiance out of line, and if you keep cursing at me I will have you removed as well, there are children about in case you hadn't noticed! (There were, not many, but still)

ThugNasty: Man f*ck them and f*ck you! Let my girl back in this line or Im coming over this barricade at you!

Sec.CO: Is that a threat?! That's it! You're gone! Get out of line, give up your ticket and get off our property or I can have police here in minutes!

ThugNasty: Whatever b*tch! I ain't moving!

Sec.Co did exactly as he said he would. He used his radio to get more security personnel to him and sure enough, about 5 minutes later a police car rolled in. ThugNasty finally did something smart and left without a fuss after that.
    Watching that was a fun way to kill half an hour waiting for the store to open.

The only other thing that was off was when they actually opened the doors.
    A bunch of people behind the barricade were standing with cameras and their phones aimed at us. RainRoommate and I started calmly walking into the store and a suprisingly large amount of the onlookers were shouting at us.

"Come on! run!"

"What are you doing walking! that's no fun! run in there!"

"What lame asses!"

"You guys are doing this wrong!"

We ignored them and just kept walking. Sorry folks, Im not gonna be the one to give you a Black Friday Stampede video.

This is also when I started tossing around PBcups to the employees, I made several new friends right off the bat
    Last edited by Rainman; 11-23-2012, 09:57 PM.

Did you get the big TV?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You should of done a silly walk 'monty python' style, or started a conga line.
      I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
        THAT would've been hilarious, although probably not what the blood-and-gore crowd wanted either! (Not to mention it wouldn't really have fit your image as "one of the barbarian horde" ... )

The idea of the PBcups was awesome. If ever I decide to go shopping on Black Friday (not bloody likely, but you never know), I'll do something similar.

Comment

ThugNasty: B*tch! No one tells my girl what to do but me!
          I predict trouble in this guy's future...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
            This is also when I started tossing around PBcups to the employees, I made several new friends right off the bat
            That was very nice of you.

Munchies do help morale. I brought cookies to the breakroom on BF, and you'd think I brought gold!
            Quoth marlovino View Post
            That would've been great! Imagine seeing a BF conga line on YouTube, with the employees who were assigned to crowd control cracking up laughing...
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

A conga line would be awesome! If I ever go out BF shopping (spare me) with some friends, I know what I'm doing if the situation calls!
              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

"You guys are doing this wrong!"

No you aren't doing it wrong those idiots who do run, push people out of the way or trample them are doing it wrong.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

B/G: RainRoommate and I were literally the first ones in line at our local Red Bullseye, arriving at 4pm for a 9pm opening.
                  really? around here I think they also opened at 8pm on Thursday. actually a LOT of stores were open that early around here.

The ones that weren't... were actually open during the day on thanksgiving.

Sec.CO: Is that a threat?! That's it! You're gone! Get out of line, give up your ticket and get off our property or I can have police here in minutes!
                  I don't know about Red bullseye but at my <last job> they didn't have to call the police to come over; we already had them before we opened. I suspect the store felt it was cheaper to hire sworn officers than it was to have any disruptive fights break out. afaik it worked too... i don't recall any incidents last year.

then again the store also tried to stem the tide of customers by letting people in early. they could "shop" and get everything they wanted and lineup... but then they had to wait until the stroke of midnight before we could ring a single thing up.
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 11-26-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I work at the Red Bullseye and we opened at 9 on Thursday. Although a few days before we had some woman swear that she had heard it on the news that we were opening at 8. Funny but noone was scheduled before 8:30. And I wish I had been there for PB cups. I wasn't scheduled until 3:30pm on Friday.
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      they didn't have to call the police to come over; we already had them before we opened. I suspect the store felt it was cheaper to hire sworn officers than it was to have any disruptive fights break out. afaik it worked too... i don't recall any incidents last year.
                      With no disrespect meant to our security workers on the board...Yeah, people often take uniformed cops more seriously than uniformed security personnel. It's almost as if they don't realize that, no matter who the guards work for, the guards are basically there to keep a riot from breaking out, and people from getting hurt.

And yes, having guards of any stripe there in advance is the way to go ^_^ Better to intimidate a crowd into reasonable behavior (if need be) than to calm them down once they go nuts, which is apparently what the paparazzi would have preferred.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I had the day off but brought homemade soup and bread to my coworkers. Luckily our store is small.

Sc is an ass.
                        Camera guy is an ass.
                        Rainman is sweet!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          I predict trouble in this guy's future...
                          Nah. He will probably just get her pregnant and then move on...
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves...

Comment

Working...
                          X