This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, but no

In the same vein of the laptop post, I once again am at a place that has free wifi (Starbucks), enjoying some coffee goodness (yay pumpkin spice!) and killing time until DaDairyDruid gets off work.

I've managed to find a corner table, out of the way of everyone. Apparently this corner is coveted. I just happened to see someone leave just as I came in and staked my claim to it. It has a plug. I'm thinking this is the reason. So far I've had three people demand my table and one person claim they have reservations for this table. To give you an idea of how big the table is, it's a two seater.

Sorry, but no. I told the one who claimed they had a reservation talk to the barista since apparently they didn't pay their reservation fee. I haven't seen that person since, but I seen a couple of baristas giggling and looking my way. Maybe I'm one of the few who won't cave to the bossy people.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Wanna bet the baristas use the idea of a reservation fee from now on? Start it at some stupidly high amount, like $50 and go up the more the person makes demands. If the person pays it, great, they get the table reserved and the baristas get one heck of a tip. Just gotta do it 24 hours in advance.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
      Wanna bet the baristas use the idea of a reservation fee from now on? Start it at some stupidly high amount, like $50 and go up the more the person makes demands. If the person pays it, great, they get the table reserved and the baristas get one heck of a tip. Just gotta do it 24 hours in advance.
      And that would neatly take care of the people who buy just one small coffee or one cookie and then spend the whole day sitting there.
      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

apparently they didn't pay their reservation fee
        Is this a fancy way of saying they didn't buy anything? That they just pranced in and expected to hog the table without actually being a customer?

Comment

Yeah, they may as well sit in the parking lot and steal the wifi.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'll admit, there was a period earlier this summer where I wasn't working. (My contract with The Client had gone, and my new contract didn't start for a week or so.) I killed time by going to B&N and using their wifi.

I did, however, make sure to give my custom to the Starbucks there, getting a drink in the morning, and another drink and lunch in the afternoon, before leaving.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

o yes. i completely understand that and have done it myself in a couple of locations

but unlike the SC in the story, i'd never harass a paying customer to try to make them give up their seat for me if I was just freeloading.

Comment

Working...
              X