X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojans!!!

(no, not that kind)

So I've been having some computer issues so the other day I ran a full scan and yesterday my dad did some stuff and ran a different scan. Normally I hibernate it instead of doing a full shut down, and the other day it came up and said that it didn't shut down properly last time and went into the Startup Repair tool before I had a chance to read the whole messsage. It seemed to work fine after that. Then yesterday it did the same thing but I caught it in time to tell it to start normally. It still went into the repair tool but this time told me it couldn't repair the problem so I said "OK" and it just shut off. So I took it over to my parents' and my dad did whatever he did. He restarted it several times in the process and it came up fine. Then he hibernated it so I could take it home and when I started it up again, it did the startup repair again, so it seems to be something to do with coming back from hibernation. So I did a full shut down last night instead, and this morning it started up fine.

But today my security program keeps popping up to tell me that it's cleaning a detected threat and the thing it is quarantining every time is something called Trojan:JS/IframeRef. I've visited several pages today but most of the time I've only had one webpage up (normally I have several open at once, but today I'm trying not to do that). The last two or three times it popped up I only had the one site open...so it seems it may be coming from a blog (that is part of a larger blog site) that I visit every day.

My dad's gonna look at it again but does anyone know anything about this particular bit of maliciousness? And should I contact the blog owner and tell him there may be something bad on his site? (There are ads and stuff on there so it may be coming from one of those..?)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

And here I thought this was going to be a college football thread....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Sorry to disappoint

Comment

I don't know much about computers, but I do recommend the site Bleeping Computer.com. When I used to have a desktop computer I was able to take care of a couple virus situations with their instructions.

Good luck!
        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

It hasn't done it in a few hours now; my dad logged in and did a couple things. Hopefully it's OK (though that doesn't affect the hibernation thing).

Comment

Working...
          X