This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummm, Cheap are we?

I'm currently selling an item on eBay for 50 starting, 60 buy it now. I've priced it at half its value for quick sale because I need the money. Shipping is only 8$ and the itself will be rather bulky. A interested party just emailed asking if I would accept the 60 buy it now and throw in free shipping. I said I appreciate the interest, but I think 8 is more than fair as I have to package the item and drive to the post office, plus I throw in delivery confirmation. Geeze.

Anyone interested in a hand carved native american flute in the key of F if this guy blows me off?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Amazing how people are already getting an item super cheap, but want it even cheaper. Be grateful you're already getting a deal!
    "Hell is other people." - Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Jeesh. If they want it for 60 including shipping, they need to start bidding now lol. Hope nobody drags the price out over 52.00, then it's LIKE they got what they want? :-P
      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        I'm currently selling an item on eBay for 50 starting, 60 buy it now. I've priced it at half its value for quick sale because I need the money. Shipping is only 8$ and the itself will be rather bulky. A interested party just emailed asking if I would accept the 60 buy it now and throw in free shipping. I said I appreciate the interest, but I think 8 is more than fair as I have to package the item and drive to the post office, plus I throw in delivery confirmation. Geeze.

Anyone interested in a hand carved native american flute in the key of F if this guy blows me off?
        I've been doing a lot of downsizing via Craigs List. I still get those types. One woman offered me $25 on three "lots" of books I had up, total was actually $37. Since I really wanted them gone, I told her yes. Then she wants to know if I would deliver them across town to her. I told her no, she'd have to pick them up. So she then emails to ask if I'd take $20, as she was going to have to pick them up! So I told her sorry, since A. I'd already discounted them by $12, or about a third, and B. most Craigs LIst prices, newspaper ads, and the majority of other sales do not include deliver, I would not give discounts based on the fact that I don't deliver.

She ended up still wanting them, kept waffling over getting them, finally set up a time, and never showed up.

I DO keep a "hell no I won't sell to this person" list

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

unfortunately no. it sounds beautiful but i can't afford that.

however i completely understand telling them "no". they can ask of course but you're under no obligation to say "yes".

i myself got rather lucky with a yahoo auction once back in the late 90s. i won both auctions, so the seller contacted me me and offered to cut me a deal on the shipping - if both were going to the same location he'd drop the shipping for one and just package them together. so i lucked out in a cheaper price, but he also lucked out in that he didn't have to spend as much to ship them separately.

and if he hadn't offered, i wouldn't have said anything. i was just happy to win

Comment

Whenever I shop on ebay, I always figure out what's the most I'm willing to spend on an item. Then I subtract the amount of shipping and that becomes my highest I'm willing to bid. Seemed to work out well enough.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Yeah, we have fun with those guys on Ebay at my work. We had one where they did a best offer for one cent lower than the asking price.

We considered denying them for teh lulz.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                i myself got rather lucky with a yahoo auction once back in the late 90s. i won both auctions, so the seller contacted me me and offered to cut me a deal on the shipping - if both were going to the same location he'd drop the shipping for one and just package them together. so i lucked out in a cheaper price, but he also lucked out in that he didn't have to spend as much to ship them separately.

and if he hadn't offered, i wouldn't have said anything. i was just happy to win
                Q-Workshop did that for me this week. Was very pleased. I just had to get their new D2s ^^
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Whenever I shop on ebay, I always figure out what's the most I'm willing to spend on an item. Then I subtract the amount of shipping and that becomes my highest I'm willing to bid. Seemed to work out well enough.
                  See, this is common sense, which is now a super power It's also what I do, except I rarely bid because I have no patience for waiting. Difference is, I realize that I'll be paying more and take that into account as well. So I do a bit of research, set my maximum and work with that. If there is a minor time constraint, I'll pick US and pay a bit more to get it usually within a week.

Because of this, I've never had to contact a shipper about cutting a deal on the price.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Ah, well, He ended-up winning the bidding for 56$, so he's saving a couple bucks anyway. It all worked out, and at least he understood where I was coming from.
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

At least he's still paying higher than his original offer.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                      X