This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast driver, slow learner

This was a while back, but something else just reminded me of it, and it still makes me laugh. One day I was driving six hours to visit my brother in Los Angeles. Since a speeding ticket wasn't in my budget, my cruise control was planted on the posted limit. Naturally, I stayed in the right lane except to pass, and most people had enough patience to let me pass the odd semi here and there before resuming their attempts at breaking the sound barrier down I-10.

But one guy in a black SUV couldn't stand to wait. He went with the option of practically pushing me past the semi in the right lane. Then he cut off said semi to fly past me on the right. Normally, these sorts of things happen far too often to remember them, but he cut it close enough that the semi driver felt the need to honk, which startled me half to death. And the SUV driver's kid was flapping a pair of blinding-white sandals out the back passenger window just high enough that that must have been all the driver could see in his side mirror. So due to those things, I remembered that SUV, and wondered if the driver had any idea that he was only going to get home half an hour later and about $100 poorer if he kept up that speed.

I guess not, because about four miles later, I cruised by a highway patrol officer, stopped behind a black SUV with a kid still hanging two sandals out the window. Ah, sweet justice. But it doesn't end there.

Shortly thereafter, I stopped for a quick soda. Just about a mile after I got back on the highway, a black SUV comes flying up in the right lane. When I realize he's going to do that thing where he waits till the last second to switch lanes, practically taking off my back bumper to get even with me for being in his way, I dive into the left lane and let him pass on the right... and there are those shoes, waving out the back window still.

Then about five, six miles later, I came upon another highway patrol officer, having stopped a rather familiar-looking black SUV, and - are those shoes waving out the back window at passing cars? Yeah, he got pulled over twice in one afternoon. I didn't see SUV guy again until just past the California side of the state line. The kid was down to one shoe at that point, so I'm guessing the interstate got the other one.

But, just a few miles beyond that, once again, I found highway patrol on the side of the road, having pulled someone over. Yes, really. Different state, same idiot. I still wonder what in the world was so boring about that driver's life that he needed to create that much frustration for himself, because he sure wasn't saving any time.

Oh that's awesome! Triple pawanage! Reminds me of a friend in college. We lived in NJ, went to school in MD. So to get home you drive through MD, DE and NJ. She got pulled over AND ticketed in all three states!

Comment

Woooow, that's a special kind of stupid right there.

What do you wanna bet the SuckUV's driver has been telling everyone "The Man comin' down on me for no reason-- I got pulled over THREE TIMES the other day!"
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Amazing. I find it awesome he got caught all three times.
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I wonder if he got doubly fined for the kid maybe not being in a seat or restrained by a seat belt

I can hope, right?
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

3 speeding tickets in a day? considering that each one involves a background check... it's very possible that the driver ends up arrested.

cos after the third it'll be painfully clear that the driver does not give a fuck

Comment

If he had a California driver's license, I think that put him one away from losing it on points!
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                after the third it'll be painfully clear that the driver does not give a fuck
                Yeah, that's about the sum of it, isn't it? Bare minimum, whatever the consequence of getting to his destination late, he must have judged that to be worse than anything highway patrol could do. I wonder if he was right about that.

Comment

Even so, the patrollers *did* slow him down so much that a normal driver (the OP) overtook him multiple times.

Comment

Working...
                  X