This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a job!

Just got a phone call from a telco recruiter I saw, asking if I'm still looking for work - he's offering a 4 month contract with possibility of permanent placement in the company - with the biggest provider in the country (initials VS for any kiwis :P ) !!! Even better, immediate start! So, I said yes; and half an hour later he called me saying I've got the job! It's not a lot of money & yes it's temporary, and it's pretty low-level stuff - but it's a job, and I'll get training in stuff I don't know, as well as references at the end! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Wonderful! Hope everything works out, perhaps you will be able to go from temp to permanent=)
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I hope all is well for you.

Comment

I've worked there two days now and am OVER THE MOON. If I'd ever forgotten how awesome my industry can be, I'm reminded again Mostly everyone knows someone I know, and most of them are like-minded. (and by like-minded I mean: swears a lot, mind constantly in the gutter, incredibly sarcastic and smartass ) Plus, they're gung-ho on getting me tons of training which is AWESOME!
        Basically, worst-case scenario I'll leave this place with references, at a better time of the year for job-hunting, and more knowledge about more stuff which will look great. Best case scenario, they keep me (which they've already hinted about!)
        Oh, and it turns out I already know some of their techs & am getting on great with everyone else!
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

That's brilliant, Rose Metal!

*happy dance this way*
          *happy dance that way*
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Oh that sounds just wonderful!

Comment

congrats rose!! those connections! =)

Comment

Working...
              X