This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car jacked? Oops

Man. Sometimes I think my lil peaceful city is going to hell.

Now my car does stand out a bit, I'm in my mid 20s driving an 09 civic si body kit .etc. it's alright. I'm also in a band in the rougher part of our underground metal scene...hell even my wife threw a few punches at a show haha. Anyways. To get gigs I have to go to some of the seedier type places as our city shut down 3-5 venues that generated cash and were safe havens cause they didn't like us Mohawks underclass in front of their courthouses and shopping centres (even though I frequently wear a suit and tie, cause I rock it haha)
    Anyways.

So I'm going to this bar where one of the local "gangs" hang out. I pull into the parking lot. Get heckled at. Ignore it. Talk to bar owner. Get paid from our last gig there and go to get in my car. Suddenly I'm pushed over the hood and some little punk is demanding my keys. Now in wearing. Suit jacket, dress shirt tie and my long petty coat. I notice junior has nobody around so I tell him to give me a minute to dig them out of my pocket. Cue a collapsible night stick and juniors knee caps. The bar owner had seen the kid push me and called the cops. When they arrived they arrested both of us and took me in and junior to the er. Now since the kid wasn't armed they tried to charge me with assault. Thinking I had been the one to start the conflict.

Thank god the bar owner followed us in with a tape of what had happened the charges were dropped and I didn't press any considering that kiddo probably won't walk normally again I figured he should learn from that. But seriously. What a load of bs.
    Last edited by Pimento; 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM.

No, I still would have pressed charges on the kid. But attack me and I'll take you down any way I can is my stance.

Comment

I just think of how funny it is. 3-4 guys standing there braking. One does something and gets smacked...all his buddies take off lol

Comment

Glad you had a witness and didn't get charged. Figures, you try and defend yourself and you get in trouble. Did Jr. tell you 'man I got a knife/gun' or anything? Cause that way you have probable cause to defend yourself. Either that or you didn't look like the 'wholesome' type and they wanted it to be you. I get that a lot too.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Well the kid said he was "just kidding" and by kid i mean 20 to my 27. But he had a history and the bar owner had chased that particular group away from his parking lot a few times for the same kind of bs. So it kinda had to happen eventually.

He had a pocket knife in his jeans. But I just told the officer I assumed he was armed. I would guess my appearance had a bit to do with it

Comment

It's not really out in the open crime. But I know a guy who had groceries stolen out of his truck. Didn't take the iPod or the spare key he had. Just the bacon and eggs in his back seat lol. Rare instances of stupidity

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
              Well the kid said he was "just kidding" and by kid i mean 20 to my 27. But he had a history and the bar owner had chased that particular group away from his parking lot a few times for the same kind of bs. So it kinda had to happen eventually.

He had a pocket knife in his jeans. But I just told the officer I assumed he was armed. I would guess my appearance had a bit to do with it
              I entirely understand where you're coming from.

I saw a case from Ohio - also caught on surveillance tape - where two young men (early/mid 20s) tried to car-jack another man at the gas station. The victim was partially pinned against the truck but managed to defend himself (high velocity lead x2). Then he drove off, called the cops, and returned to talk to the police. The police confiscated his weapon and the directed him to leave because the attacker's family was showing up. (side note, he got the weapon back a few days later)

Of the two attackers, one went to the hospital and the other went home to facebook (I've seen the screenshots of the posts) to start BITCHING about how the victim was a pussy for not letting them beat him up. He wasn't playing "fair" because he defended himself, so now the attackers were now the "victims" and he was the problem. And the facebook posts also included comments on retribution

It sounds a bit like the "kid" in your story was a bit similar. It's all fun and games threatening people... until he find out that you weren't a weak mark.

Comment

A few years ago I was out running errands when some little fucksquit pulled a knife (really? a knife?) on me and demanded my wallet.

I kept my wallet and went home with a new knife. The punk returned to his hole down three teeth and a functioning wrist. Never heard from the police and never called.

I applaud your self defense. We should all be so lucky as to both know how to defend ourselves and and be willing to. Making life harder for criminals can only be a good thing.
                O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                  It's not really out in the open crime. But I know a guy who had groceries stolen out of his truck. Didn't take the iPod or the spare key he had. Just the bacon and eggs in his back seat lol. Rare instances of stupidity
                  Or possibly an "honest" thief who just wanted to be able to eat, without being a full fledged criminal.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Mom was once attacked for her wallet. She had just hired in as the third female into one of the main post offices in MI. The kid was scruffy, wearing clothes all the wrong size, and going after someone who once tracked a bear with nothing more then bird shot. Mom convinced him to just borrow her ten and get on home cause it was cold out. She thinks he was trying to feed younger kidlings cause of what she saw him but with said ten.

Turned out years later a new hire came into the post office to get trained by Mom. She got her ten bucks back.

Comment

Nah. In the street market food buys more drugs than gadgets and pawn shops need id lol.

Well I had to go to the police station today. I guess the damage isn't that bad. One of his knees is dislocated and one is fractured. Long painful recover for him haha. We went over the events again. I asked for a copy of the tape but they couldn't release it haha. Oh well.

I guess the kid has a rap sheet of petty crime and may actually reconsider his career choice this time.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        It sounds a bit like the "kid" in your story was a bit similar. It's all fun and games threatening people... until he find out that you weren't a weak mark.
                        That's always the way it is. Sooner or later, they'll attack the wrong person...and get their ass handed to them.

For example, several years back, my grandmother was in the hospital after a serious auto accident. At the time, I was taking college summer classes, and was watching the house for her. Less than a week after the accident, some asshole decided to break into the house Apparently, it was an easy score--her wreck made the papers, so whoever it was knew that the house was empty. Or so they thought. Turns out that I'd put my car in the garage. That night, someone tried to force open the front door. I turned on the porch light, and someone ran across the yard Not wanting a repeat performance, I grabbed a pitchfork...and went after the son-of-a-bitch! Whoever it was, didn't attempt a repeat performance. I'd hate to think what would have happened had I not been there--things can be replaced, but what if Grandma was home and confined to bed?

However, I do know that if someone had done something to her...he'd have found it very difficult to escape the farm...
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                          Or possibly an "honest" thief who just wanted to be able to eat, without being a full fledged criminal.
                          That's the first thing I thought of too.

Comment

Quoth Swordsman422 View Post
                            A few years ago I was out running errands when some little fucksquit pulled a knife (really? a knife?) on me and demanded my wallet.

I kept my wallet and went home with a new knife. The punk returned to his hole down three teeth and a functioning wrist. Never heard from the police and never called.
                            Have you seen the "Beverly Hillbillies" episode where they visit New York City? Some of the locals try to involve Jethro in a new game called "mugging", and he wins (among other things) a knife.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X