Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, helping me sure is an imposition, isn't it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, helping me sure is an imposition, isn't it?

Last month I reached out to the corporate office of a plus size clothing store I purchase clothes from due to some poor workmanship on some panties. Mainly the fabric was coming apart from the seams and I'd only had the items six months. I've bought unmentionables from this company in the past and never had a problem like this.

I went to one of the stores (now closed) to get this taken care of and was told 'sorry, can't help you'. Hence my need to reach out to corporate; items like this should last more than six months. The district manager called me and told me to go to another location that was still open. It was supposed to be before Thanksgiving, but with all the crap we were dealing with, I never got a chance to go until now.

The manager knew I was coming and despite me not having a receipt simply agreeed to do an exchange. However, it seemed that they only had had a couple in my size. One of the other clerks was helping me and it seemed that because I was picky (I only like briefs), the manager started getting snarky with me. I finally found enough to do an even exchange. But the attitude was just bad. I could have gone to the next closest store, but that was more than a half hour away and I needed to get gas and get home to DaDairyDruid so we could run errands.

I'm wary about complaining because it's going to make me sound petty now. I mean, I got what I wanted which was an even exchange. But I didn't need to be treated as if I were an imposition.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Would it work if you wrote a letter thanking them for doing the exchange and including something to the effect of, "The only fly in the ointment of the whole process was ..." etc. You would be acknowledging that you do appreciate that your problem was solved ... but they should know about the attitude issue.

Comment

yeah "picky"
      hey if something doesn't feel comfortable on your ass you shouldn't have to accept it for an exchange.

Comment

I made a point of reaching out to the corporate contact and thanking her for her help. I did mention the feeling I got and I haven't heard anything. I think it's safe to say that I'll probably be looking for my intimates elsewhere. I am not going to drive to the next closest store when it is completely out of my way.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
        X