This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could hug my coworkers now

A lot of background: Where i work we work in "turns" to replace those who get sick or go for holidays - basically we know at the start of the year which weeks (about 5-6 per year) we're not allowed to take time off and are expected to work overtime (which we can take back later on)
    My next shift is coming up next week and it's quite busy, i had expected to work at least 2 extra evenings (on top of my own worktimes that include 2 evenings already).
    Even more background:
    I've not been on a holiday for a long time and my husband decided to surprise me with a weekend away, but we'd only be coming back sundaynight. and i had expected the monday to be a day from 08.00 til 19.30 - was not looking forward to it!

Now for the awesome coworkers part:
    One offered to work the mondaymorning for me, and another the mondayevening - so that means i only have to work a few hours in the noon and get to enjoy a good night's rest after my trip!
    And then we sorted out the rest of the week, in which i get absolutely no extra evenings, only an extra noon and a saturdaymorning - i could just about kiss them now!
    (to be fair, if there are other insane weeks for replacements, i'm one of the first to offer to take a half day over for them so they don't burn out - everyone tries to pitch in so that no one gets 50-60 hour workweeks even when it's their "turn" to fill in for replacements - and they remembered that)
Working...
X