This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are nice people out there :)

I've not been posting much as I've been strugging with health issues & depression for the last few months which tend to make me withdraw somewhat & get a bit emotional over the strangest things.
    For instance, right now I'm struggling with tears because I've had some of my faith in human nature restored!

I'm not very good when it comes to appliances and just lately my hot water/heating boiler has lost pressure and so my bathroom radiator has barely been heating. Now, I know it was bound to be an easy fix, but I had no idea what it was & with it being a gas boiler, didn't really want to mess with it.

So happened today that my mother, who lives nearby in rented property was having her yearly gas service check so while it was going on she asked the workman for a rough guide to what I should look for to do the job.

Instead, he came round to my house, adjusted the pressure for me while showing me what to do and offered to bleed the radiators for me, which I declined as I'm ok doing that.

I offered to pay him for taking time out of his busy day to come and do that for me and he refused any payment. I can't even drop a line to his company to say what a good buy he is in case I get him into trouble.

So, Mr Gas Serviceman... thank you so much. It may only have been a small job in the greater scheme of things but you made this girl happy
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
Working...
X