This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview stories

Have you ever, as a job seeker, been put into a situation where you had to play the role of a disinterested interviewer, instead of an eager interviewee?

Have you ever had to say to an interviewer "I'll think about it and get back to you later?" And then follow up, saying that you aren't interested in the job? Isn't it usually the interviewer's job to turn you down or take you in AFTER the interview is over?

I've had that happen to me TWICE. Once was at a carpet store's basement. I felt creeped out about the fact that 1. It wasn't an office (I feel safer in offices, but that's just me), and 2. The employer was too eager to hire me (that's a red flag to me). So I told him that I would think about it, and would get back to him if I liked the job. I never got back to him.

The second one happened just last week. I was interviewing for a volunteer job. This time, I lost interest before the interview because 1. It wasn't paid work, and 2. I'm still freelancing for my previous employer. The problem I had with this one is her misunderstanding that I was committed (I wasn't), and that the work would be piecemeal (it was actually going to be an unpaid full-time job, which I didn't want). I told her there that I would think about it and get back to her. I then sent her an email apologizing and saying that I could not commit to the job.

What are your interview stories?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Way of the Sub's interview basically could have been completed with a once-over of my application, and me standing as a mannequin while they checked me out for unprofessional tattoos or piercings.

They didn't even ask me about my last job's job title... which I picked specifically to start conversation. (It's Hat-Wearer. Our boss says the good employees have multiple hats they can wear, like Mechanic, or Receptionist, or Gas Attendant.)

It may have been part of why this store's turnover was so high.

Comment

Working...
    X