This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Dunder Mifflin is hiring?

I have an iphone and for whatever reason I have a dickens of a time with it as far as pocket dialling and accidentally erasing text messages, etc.
    (For a truly humiliating example....enjoy ...)
    https://www.customerssuck.com/board/node/93863

I will leave it in my purse for an hour while I shop and then when I take it out it looks like mischievous gnomes have been frolicking with it, deleting entire chains of texts and merrily phoning the last 5 people I have called so they can hear me select laundry detergent at my grocery store. It's strange.
    So yesterday afternoon I phoned my boss on the way home to see what time our first patient was for today. He gets to work at 8 and I technically start at 9 although we often have earlier patients so I will adjust accordingly.
    Anyway, this means that his phone number is at the top of my "recently called" list, which also means that he is the lucky recipient of this mornings pocket dial. Apparently his phone rang, he answered and heard...nothing for a few seconds. Then he heard me muttering (it turns out I was looking for a parking space, which at the hospital where I work can be hard to come by when there is a tiny bit of snow on the ground and people abandon all common sense, parking-wise). Then he hears, clear as a bell....
    "Nope, Lizard, you will NEVER fit that in there. It's way too tight"
    Long...pause....followed by
    "That's what SHE said!"
    The most embarrassing part is that he then heard me snort at my own sad little joke.
    In other news, I think I officially need a 'That's what she said" intervention.
    help?
    "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

I always turn off my iPhone before putting it in my pocket (push the top button), and I have a security code to log back in (you don't need to enter it to answer a call or take a picture). No more odd dialings. To turn it on it now needs a push of the bottom home button, a swipe AND my log-in number.

You might get by with just making sure you click the top button to turn it off before you put it away - saves battery too.

Comment

i use the top button to do that on my ipod touch as well. cos i sleep while listening to it. and sometimes i've been known to start recording the radio while sleeping. which isn't bad i guess... i have about an hour and a half of christmas vinyl records saved to it now but... i don't always want to do that.

as for "that's what she said".... hell I LOVE those jokes.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAAi_42uIkQ

Comment

On my Crackberry Storm, the button was very easy to hit, and butt-dialing was rampant. Between that and the fact that the touch screen was heat based... I butt-dialed once and couldn't end the call because my hands were FREEZING. *cries* I think the worst someone heard was me shouting at a rectal-headed driver who decided to be in my lane WHILE I WAS NEXT TO HIM! Fortunately, it was my mom and she's heard me say much worse about some of the drivers in my area.

Love my Charge, because it requires a screen swipe after the button to unlock the screen. The lock button is in a better place, rather than right on the front of the phone, which was where the Crackberry's was. The Crackberry is now used as a high tech coaster.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
          Between that and the fact that the touch screen was heat based... I butt-dialed once and couldn't end the call because my hands were FREEZING. *cries*
          Nose?

Or if all else fails,

Comment

Maybe Quill is hiring? They make real Dunder Mifflin copy paper:

http://www.quill.com/quill-brand-cop...bs/245730.html

"If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

lol lizard that is classic!!! I'm jelly. Makes me wanna pull a "Lizard" now =)

Comment

Nothing wrong with "that's what SHE said" jokes. Especially fun when my wife and I are talking to my buddy, wife says something, one of us says "That's what she said," generally followed by "she did, actually, right there."

Funny as long as you're not on stage or something, then it's kinda sad.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                  Nose?

Or if all else fails,
                  I didn't want my tongue stuck to it Just imagine someone walking around with a cell phone stuck to their tongue!

I actually stuck it under my coat and prayed that it would unfreeze. It did and I shut the stupid thing off for good measure. And threatened to use it for a hockey puck. That would have been easier than explaining to the insurance why the phone is covered in slime and needs replacing
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                  X