Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what the hell was the driver doing?

I had to call a courier today. Sadly, this is the last time we will ever be using this company because they lost us a huge bid.

They lost us a huge bid because the 'expedited' service I requested never happened. For whatever reason, the service was listed as 'regular', but even then where it was going shouldn't have taken 5 freakin' hours! (the destination would have taken half an hour to get to one way) It was a bid due by 2:30pm. Because it didn't show up on time, our company lost out on a significant account - we would have gotten it since we were the lowest bid, but because it was late, it went to the next company that was the lowest.

I got yelled at by the sales manager and the rep. It wasn't my fault, and both admitted later they were wrong for yelling, but I still got the shit end of it.

Tomorrow I get to look for a new courier service because we are done with this company. For good. The one thing that I can't seem to get a straight answer from the courier company was what the hell the driver was doing. Obviously something happened.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

It seems to me that it's enlightening, in a suspicious sort of way, that the company won't tell you why it took so long. I'm wondering if there were, shall we say, legal issues involved ...

Comment

So no explaination from the courier company? Yeah, methinks something quite out of the ordinary going on here.

Losing a contract due to their screwup sucks, pity you can't sue them...

Comment

The courier company dropped the ball, you did not. The courier company should be held responsible. Do they have any kind of guarantee for their services (I know fedex does, except in the case of severe weather)?

Comment

Not being in business, I have no idea how things there work, so this is probably a stupid question. But is there any reason why somebody from the company couldn't have taken the bid over themselves, since it only has to go half an hour away?

If it's that important, that would seem to be preferable to handing it off to a third party who might be a dingus and fail to get it over there on time.

At the very least, it would've kept the OP from being hollered at.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

can your company sue the courier?
            i mean the courier did fail to meet an agreement that cost your company a lot of money.

can't hurt to look into it perhaps.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              can your company sue the courier?
              i mean the courier did fail to meet an agreement that cost your company a lot of money.

can't hurt to look into it perhaps.
              They can try, but I can pretty much guarentee the shipping document has enough legal boilerplate in it that makes success rather unlikely. OTOH if something illegal was going on it would negate this, but the likelyhood of the shipping company coming clean is pretty much zero...

Comment

Working...
              X