Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple sucky (not sure its really an on-topic sighting though)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple sucky (not sure its really an on-topic sighting though)

SL : Sucky lady
    AM: Annoying man
    Me: Not as self controlled as I should be.

On the way to work this morning I stopped off at a place where there is a taxi rank and a group of us usually congregate at the coffee shop. There are quite a few people in the group and we may not run into each other for days. Some of us get on with each other, some not so well. AM constantly either flirts or puts down women. and I usually avoid him or hang at the other end of the group.

SL pulls into the taxi rank and refuses to move when Taxi Driver 1 asks her two. Taxi driver 2 pulls in behind and trys to explain why she needs to move. (It does block the area if there are too many taxis and cause a problem. Plus the taxi drivers pay money to use this rank so not being able to get there is a problem). SL claims she'll only be there a minute and she's disabled so leave her alone.

Taxi Driver 1 is having a normal conversation with us about it about 10ft away at the coffee shop point.

AM walks up and starts a loud, shouty rant standing with us away from the rank and the car about SL and throws in a few insults for good measure. He's getting louder and its either to incite us lot to make fun/grumpy at her or for her to overhear especially once he starts on the disabled aspect.

Me: I snap : Ok, give it a rest!
    AM: What, she's in the wrong, thats the problem with women...
    Me: oh, great, now you've managed to make it a sexist thing too. Well done! (sarcasm)
    AM: You've got an attitude problem lady.
    Me: Um-hmm, and I'd forgotten you could be such a jerk. (heres the sucky, shouldn't have done that even though I still feel it was true - don't add fuel to the fire!)
    AM: *stares in amazement at me*
    AM: Don't call me a jerk!
    Me: Try not being one then.
    AM: *splutters/can't think of anything to say* *CBF*

By the time this has finished SL has left and picked up the person she was waiting for.

AM: Turns back and still trys to carry on stirring.

Totally annoyed at myself that he got me to bite. I did try to apologise to Taxi Driver 1 but I wasn't going to apologise to AM.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

It's a question of which nastiness trumps which.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

So what was it that you did that was sucky again? Cuz I'm not seein' it.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

well i guess that means he won't hang out near you for a while.
        which... i'm not seeing the downside of

i mean yeah the lady was sucky if it wasn't a parking spot for non-taxis but if the taxi drivers let her stay then it's between her and them.

Comment

Sounds to me like he deserved it.

Not sure what you had to apologize to the taxi driver for...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Thanks Guys. I must admit I'm low on confidence at the moment and starting or joining arguements and adding fuel to the fire does feel sucky. I hate causing a scene or upseting people. (And calling people names - even true ones feels minorly sucky too. I'm a grownup dammit, I should act it!)

Because of the way that AM was being I felt like the Taxi Driver thought I was saying had no right to ask the woman to move rather than AM had no right to wind up everybody and needed to stop trying to cause a seen.

Coffee shop guy did practically agree with me the next time I saw him that the guy was being way OTT and seemed amused that someone called him on it so I'm feeling less crappy.
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
              I hate causing a scene or upseting people. (And calling people names - even true ones feels minorly sucky too. I'm a grownup dammit, I should act it!)
              Bullies count on that response. They essentially prey on decency and maturity, consider it a sucker's game.
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
              X