This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prank call going overboard?

Last Tuesday two deejays posed as Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Charles in order to "prank" a nurse into transferring them for an update on the health condition of Kate Middleton.

Although there's no "official" correlation, it has been suggested that the prank and resulting embarrassment is what lead the nurse to take her own life on Friday morning.

Although not the regular kind of "bullying" we see on line, it's something to consider when playing such a drastic prank on someone. What may be harmless fun - or a juicy bit of gossip - to one, may seriously impact someone else's life.

Yeah, its all over the news here. So sad.

I'd been saying how awful for the poor staff involved before this but now..

The poor woman must have felt humilated and even worse: most of the news stories were calling it such a lame accent attempt that she should have known better (To be honest I think a few of my friends might have fallen for it after hearing the recording - its bad but not...terrible. If you didn't watch the Queens speech you *might* not have realised - especially if the phone line wasn't clear).

(Everything else I have to say belongs in Fratching)
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Yesterday I heard from the BBC that the Australian station that pulled the prank is reviewing its practices.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
        (Everything else I have to say belongs in Fratching)
        This entire thread belongs on Fratching.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
        X