Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self sighting: whilst Bob Cats ring (very cute)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sighting: whilst Bob Cats ring (very cute)

Had a real cutie one today: I was working and my brother came in with his 3 year old son. This is what happened. N=Nephew
    * * * * * * * * * * *BD=Baby Daddy

N: dashing through the snow On a horse slay, over the fields we go all the way; bells on BOB CATS ring.

At this point BD stops and asks my nephew: Bells on Bob Cats? Why do Bob cats need bells?

Nephew: so they can ring on Christmas.*

BD: they have to ring? Who says

Nephew: (very seriously) Santa says Bob Cats have to ring on Christmas or they won't get presents.

I nearly fall over laughing. I was in a piss mood but that made my day. And my Nephew was 100% serious about those bob cats ringing on Christmas!
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Thanks for making me smile! It had been a day before.
    "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

...Actually I've never looked up the lyrics to that song... so I still sing it "Bells on bob cats ring."
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        ...Actually I've never looked up the lyrics to that song... so I still sing it "Bells on bob cats ring."
        bob tail-sleigh/carriage horses have cropped tails to remove the possibility of getting caught in the reins.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

heh. that's cute;

Comment

Awwww. That's so cute. Adorable when kids get the lyrics mixed up like that.

Well, usually - my sister wasn't quite so amused when my then 3 year old nephew was singling the oldie "Another Saturday Night" at the top of his lungs in the grocery store one night -
            "another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody, I got some money cause I just got laid"

(for anyone not familiar, it should be "I just got paid")

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
              "another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody, I got some money cause I just got laid"

(for anyone not familiar, it should be "I just got paid")
              WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooWWW! O_O

Also I knew about the horse's having bobbed tails to keep them from getting tangled, I just never made the connection to the song.

I think I'll still sing it bob cats though, I like it better.
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Makes me think of the Bob Cats from The Oatmeal.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/bobcats_christmas
                "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

My son heard a famous Paul McCartney Xmas song on the radio and has been singing it.

"Cindy...Evelyn...A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME!"
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                    My son heard a famous Paul McCartney Xmas song on the radio and has been singing it.

"Cindy...Evelyn...A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME!"
                    *twitch*

Hate. That. Song.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

This is Bob.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        This is Bob.
                        He takes Enzyte. Now he's pitching a tent everyday.
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

When me and my sister were little, she thought Silent Night's line "Round yon virgin" was Long John Silver's...we ended up totally bastardizing the song.

Silent night, holy night
                          All is calm, all is bright
                          Long John Silver's has fish and chicken too
                          (forgot next tiny bit) so tender and mild...

Drove my mom batshit.

Comment

When I was little, I thought the line in Jingle Bells "one-horse open sleigh" was "one horse soaking sleigh." I always thought those passengers must have had a miserable ride to be out in the snow soaking wet.
                            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

If we're doing mis-heard Christmas lyrics, may I introduce you to Adam Hills' version of Deck the Halls (begins about 4.55 although the rest is definitely worth a look). I defy anyone to get through that particular carol after hearing Adam's bit without smiling.
                              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
                              X