This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't deal with kids

In my job, I take phone orders, as such I can't deal with kids because we deal with credit cards. I get a call, and do my opening thing, and nothing. I say it again, and nothing, I am about hang up and I hear a little girl asking me to hang one. I say ok thinking that she is going to get her mom. She starts giving me an item #. So I tell her very nicely that I need to talk to her mom. So mom gets on the phone and asks me why I won't talk to her daughter. I tell her I can't place an order with a child. Then she tells me that her daughter had a question on the item. I tell her I can help her. So what was her question was does the item come in a mens 10 shoe size. I admit she may have wanted to pick that out for her brother or dad, however, at the age she sound that she was, she didn't have it together enough to clearly tell me what she wanted.
    The angels have the phone box.

Ugh. Mom probably thought it was "cute" for the kid to do the ordering herself, but really, lady, think a minute! Your kid has no legal right to own a credit card, so why on earth would the person at the other end of the phone be willing to take a credit-card-paid order from her??

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      Ugh. Mom probably thought it was "cute" for the kid to do the ordering herself, but really, lady, think a minute! Your kid has no legal right to own a credit card, so why on earth would the person at the other end of the phone be willing to take a credit-card-paid order from her??

Indeed. People need to realize that having their child call to order a pizza, place an order, or anything related isn't "cute" or "fun" to the person on the other end of the phone. You have a little kid with barely a grasp on the English language wasting someone else's time. And then if you don't understand what their special snowflake is saying, the parent gets all pissy with you.

Not everyone is interested in dealing with your child and their infinite cuteness. Get over it.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        Not everyone is interested in dealing with your child and their infinite cuteness. Get over it.
        Oh god yes, this, so many times over. It's not so bad on a slow day, but when there are calls waiting and the supv is barking "Calls in queu!" I don't have time to pry information out of an eight year old.

I've had to deal with older kids too, and usually just tell them you have to be 18 or over because otherwise you're not legally responsible for the bill. Only had a few younger kids trying to tell me they were old enough....most of the time you can tell they aren't.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I get this when parents run their credit/debit cards through our card reader and think it is just adorable that their little ones want to press the buttons. First of all, your child is not an authorized user of that card, so technically, it could be considered fraud. Second, she's just jabbing buttons at random, or waiting too long, or otherwise messing up the wait time for the folks in line behind you. So please, tell your child to keep her hands off and finish the transaction yourself!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Also, it isn't cute or adorable to have your precious little angel be the message on your answering machine/voicemail system, especially when they aren't even coherent enough for me to know whose kid they are, let alone the kid of the person I'm trying to reach about something....
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I understand the "no kid" policy. How many times does someone's kid get the idea that their mommy's and daddy's credit cards are "free money" and want to see what they can do with it in their wacky imaginations by ordering toys without permission? Now we'll be having parents get mad at us because we won't let their kid call up to place an order on the parent's credit cards.

Now that I think of it, many women today still happen to have it in their minds that a credit card is "free money." LOL!

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                Now that I think of it, many women today still happen to have it in their minds that a credit card is "free money." LOL!
                Probably becasue they buy stuff with the credit card, and their husbands always pay the bill.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                  I understand the "no kid" policy. How many times does someone's kid get the idea that their mommy's and daddy's credit cards are "free money" and want to see what they can do with it in their wacky imaginations by ordering toys without permission? Now we'll be having parents get mad at us because we won't let their kid call up to place an order on the parent's credit cards.

It's not always the woman My husband has NEVER understood that credit card bills have to be, yanno, PAID.

Comment

i had a customer once who wanted to buy something she couldn't afford. so she decided to do a credit card application instead.

I never got to the point where I checked her age. The ID was vertical, which means it was issued before the age of 15 but can be used until the age of 21 - so it doesn't necessarily mean "not a minor". I didn't bother checking because it was already expired. She tried to use her student ID next.

I honestly think she had a mindset of "I can't afford it so I'll get a credit card and free moneys!"...

Comment

Also what happens later when kidlet is old enough to want something they might have seen on TV and remembers using credit card as a younger kiddy. So out comes the card, jump on the internet, and suddenly the parent is hit with a big bill for things 'they' didn't buy. Of course, they will whine and cry and get the charge taken off, but think about it, parents. If kids didn't know what those magic bits of plastic did, they wouldn't be as likely to use them later.
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
                      X