This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really *hotel* really?

First I go to get extra bedding for my daughter and find bloody towels hidden up there, then a stranger walks into our room and says we aren't supposed to be there she just rented it. Then the replacement keys for that incident didn't work so back down to the desk I go. It's a good thing I'm in a good mood because I'm on my way to see my family for the first time in 8 years.

wtf?

they doubled rented your room? and ... left bloody towels there?

Comment

I'm just glad we were in the room when it happened, we brought some new rifles to show my Dad and I would be PISSED if they went missing because the hotel gave someone the key to our room. The towels look like they had been there for a while but still...

Comment

That happened when I went with my ex SIL to Orlando lasy year. She opened the door to the room and was like "Uh, guys, tell me you see this too."

Suitcases. Open. Food containers everywhere. Someone was obviously living/staying in here and we could only thank the heavens they weren't in there at the time, there's no telling what we would have walked in on or how they might have reacted

Evem worse was the clerk argued with her about it and said there WAS no one in that room. Then gave her flack later for asking for more towels, there were four if us and they only left supplies for two. Yeah, we don't use that chain anymore.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

It happened to us when we were on our road trip last feb/mar. We were checked in, Rob had brought back chow from a diner next door, I was already in jammies and in bed getting ready to dig into a huge chefs salad and someone got the door open to as far as those little curved bar door 'chains' would go. Loud bitching ensued. A second try, while we get on the phone to the desk. Night dude shows up and talks to the people outside, our phone rings, so Rob goes to the door and discusses it with the people outside and slips our copy of the registration paperwork out, and the outside people go away as they get to sort things out.

I never knew that the properly done in the computer reservation and signing in paperwork could not register the proper people to the room. Who knew When I made the to California reservations I made reservations for handicapped rooms, called the locations to confirm, wrote the name of whomever I confirmed with and took the printed out reservation paperwork with me. I hate surprises at the end of long days of driving ...
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I've walked into my room (at 3am, no less) to find it full of sleeping people.

Luckily, we're very quiet when we get in that late and didn't wake anyone there, and since it was a convention and we were part of the staff block, we actually knew the people, too, and let them know what happened in the morning so they could have words with management about it.

Actually, that weekend was particularly bad on the part of the hotel regarding rooms. There's a reason we're not at that hotel any longer.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That's one good thing about having physical keys for rooms; it's a lot more difficult to double-rent a room when the key is missing from behind the desk.

Comment

I've had that happen in the military. Was sent to Oceana for a two week period, got to the temp barracks, checked in and got my key. I had just walked in the room and noticed a suitcase. Hmmm, I didn't realize I would have a roommate but not that unusual. Well, until the poor guy walked out of the bathroom while drying his hair, noticed me standing there. He almost broke something trying to cover up and jump back into the bathroom at the same time.

Needless to say, I was reassigned to an empty (and single!) room.

Comment

My father returned to his hotel room once to find that it was just builder's rubble inside.
                  Turns out he'd got off the elevator too early and that floor was closed for renovations. It was pure chance that the key to his room also worked on the room directly below it.
                  Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

OK, now I know I will never, ever, forget to lock the little security bar on the door whenever I'm in a hotel room!!

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I've been in the hotel industry for ten years.

That the room got rented when it shouldn't isn't that much of a surprise. There's a reason why you should always flip the inside lock, not just the one on the door. Please try to remember that people are human and they make mistakes.

Unfortunately, when the desk is busy, mistakes happen. Including forgetting to actually click the checkin button, and forgetting to put the folio (paper contract) you signed into the bucket (storage area). With the new ving card keys (those plastic keys you're given), physical keys don't exist any more, and coding new keys is extremely easy.

If they forgot to check you in, then they would have coded new keys which would invalidate the ones you already had.

The second thing about the bloody towels, well that's just despicable, and I hope you contacted the front desk, and demanded housekeeping be written up. I hope they gave you a comp night. You are entirely entitled to one. I've actually seen alot worse than this.
                      Last edited by Moirae; 12-18-2012, 06:42 AM.

Comment

They knocked about $30 bucks off and there was no need to write anyone up because they were hidden. I only found them because I was pulling out the extra bedding. At that point we just wanted to leave as we still had 1500 miles to drive still. The whole things was a big cluster compared to how slow they were. Oh well it's over with and we will stay somewhere else on the way back.

Comment

Well, the first thing is that you deserved a free night for that.

The second thing is that it doesn't matter whether they were hidden or not. If housekeeping is doing their job, they will find it, even if its hidden. Housekeepers are supposed to open all drawers, and cupboards, and pull things out to look at them as part of their routine. Plus, the blood is a health hazard because the person that touched it could have had any kind of blood disease imaginable, including AIDS. I really hope you didn't touch them. They would be trashed by the housekeepers who wouldn't have touched them with bare hands.

I'm sorry you had a bad stay, and you definitely deserve better than that.

Comment

I'm a paramedic, I know all about the blood born hazards.

They did just send me an e-mail survey so I expect to be hearing from them soon. It's 1700 miles behind us though and we are busy enjoying time with my family I haven't seen in 8 years.

Comment

Phew, oh good. That had me worried. I'm glad you're bright enough to realize that. There are actually people out there that aren't, and it worries me sometimes. Just trying to protect you, and other guests, is all.

Have fun with your family and Merry Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                              X