This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey Business at Walmart

So I have my share of Walmart suck stories, including one where an employee watched me struggle with a giant vacuum box and a full cart and starting laughing instead of offering to help, but also I know how Walmart employees are treated a lot of the time. Anyway, am remembering this lady from last Christmas:

Walmart was packed as usual since it was the holidays. I had one of those tags to get a gift for a child in need. I picked a girl my daughter's age and the only thing on her want list was monkeys. Huh. I hope she didn't mean a live one.

So I go to the stuffed toys and there is nary a monkey among them. Nor is there anything monkeyish all and I don't know where to look and everywhere I turn someone is jabbing me in the ribs or rolling their carts over my foot. Finally in desperation I chase down an employee and hold up my tag and tell her that I have no idea what to get this kid.

This woman takes about twenty minutes, running all over the store with me, ducking the ravenous hordes that are trying to scream at her as she walks by, to find anything monkey related at all in that entire gigantic retail nightmare. We ended up find a pouch with a monkey face, monkey pajamas, and something like a monkey decorated set of markers to go in the pouch. I was so amazed by her helpfulness that I insisted she get me a manager so I could make sure she got a formal compliment.

Thank you, unnamed Walmart monkey woman of awesome.

In honor of your post: Too Much Monkey Business.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post
      Walmart was packed as usual since it was the holidays. I had one of those tags to get a gift for a child in need. I picked a girl my daughter's age and the only thing on her want list was monkeys. Huh. I hope she didn't mean a live one.
      In that case, it wouldn't have done you any good to have gone shopping at a certain Ikea in Toronto.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
      X