Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know it's going to be one of those weeks when...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know it's going to be one of those weeks when...

When I walked into <other other location> this morning, the computer mice attached to the computers that control my scanners were dead. The day got better and better from there.

In the middle, don't wanna be
    So there's this cardiologist. I like him (as a doc). He knows what he's doing, I've never seen him lose his temper, and he's good with the patients. There's just one problem. He likes to read the images for the stress tests he supervises. Which is all well and good (maybe?) if it's his patient. But he's part of a group and they all have scheduled days to read. Today's not his day to read and he wanted me to send the images to him so he could read them. I got called by the group coordinator the last time he did this, so I called her this time and asked what to do. She told me to send it to Other Doc since it's Other Doc's day to read. Whatever, I don't care who reads it as long as it gets read. The group can hash this out among themselves. Just leave me out of it. All I can do is what I'm told.

Speaking of being in the middle....
    Sometime ago, I posted a thread about a bone doc who was getting picky about our bone protocols. As luck would have it, she's on vacation this week. Yay! Except I've got a bone patient coming tomorrow that I actually have a question on what I should do. After the run around with the family doc's office to get the order (it still hadn't materialized when I left), I had exhausted all my other options and called Dr Cranky.

I hate calling Dr Cranky. We all do. He's, well, cranky. Hence the moniker. But with Dr Picky and Hot Doc not being on the schedule this week and <other other location> not even having a radiologist onsite, I didn't really have a choice. He told me to just do what was ordered. Ok, fine, I can do that, but my dilemma is I'm pretty sure what's ordered is not the best test to do. Really all I can do now is get as detailed a history as I can when the patient comes in tomorrow and try to get it all figured out in between injection and scan times. Or maybe I'll get lucky and they'll no-show. Which would also piss me off since they called specifically to get the test done tomorrow. Grrr.

Fscking car....
    And to top it all off, my oil pressure light started going off again. Now Mr Jedi and I have to decide whether to keep dumping money into this POS to keep it running, or trade it in and have to deal with a car payment. Which neither of us have ever done; we've always bought our cars outright.

I hate that stupid car.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Having a car payment is not that big of a deal, as long as you know there is room in your budget for one. Determine what you can afford to pay per month and don't go over it. Check out your local banks and credit unions to find the best financing, *then* go find a car. Interest rates are still very low, too. If you can, try to finance for just 3 years, and def not over 5.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
    X