This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unexpected Kidney Stone Jouney of suck - Language, Long and yucky

While waiting in an overfilled super busy waiting room (due to family emergencies the clinic was down to 1 Dr) I first saw this :

Smarmy Fuckwit or SF
    Kidneystone Jackpot winner or me
    Poor Stressed receptionist or PSR

SF walks in demands to be given free medicine samples without seeing the Dr
    PSR tells him that is illegal I cannot do that
    SF demands she get the Dr right away
    PSR says we are very busy I'll talk to the DR when she gets out of the appointment she is in
    SF says that is not good enough give me my free shit now and started to berate her - you have my health card gimme what I want BLARGLE
    He walks away comes back several times trying the same shit getting more and more demeaning every time
    Meanwhile I am going from ouch my pee pee hurts to OMIGOD I'm being stabbed, shot and burned waiting patiently for my time with the DR
    After PSR tells SF the same thing for about the 4th or 5th time he says this
    SF : You are only a receptionist I don't care what you think, thinking is too hard for you
    I yell SHUT UP from across the waiting room
    The rest I'm paraphrasing I don't remember it 100% verbatim
    SF : You shut up asshole
    I jump up, walk over and get in his face
    The whole room gasps and from the look on his face it almost brown town in his shorts
    ME : I'm in the second worst pain of my life jerkwad, I don't need some dick make me wait longer than I already need to - want to take this outside?
    SF : what you gonna do, you a lawyer or something - hit me and you are going to jail - I have tons of witnesses.
    Me : I'm not going to hit you unless you start something - just shut the fuck up or leave
    I go and sit back down - yay for adrenaline my owie is less ouchie but I'm shaking all over
    SF says : Mind your own business
    Me : I made it my business - I hate bullies
    The Dr talks to him shortly thereafter, he does not like what she tells him and he stomps off out the door
    Not even 10 minutes later a woman stomps in demanding to see the Dr right now, she's a nurse she says, she's not got time to wait with the lowly rabble she says. Luckily the receptionist runs her off fairly quickly but the bitch makes accusations of the receptionist being rude, lazy and dumb - she had to stomp back in after she left to remind the poor gal of all that again - fucking EW's everywhere today GAH
    I had prior to all this asked the nice receptionist if she could please bump me up the waiting list if at all possible due to horrible pain - long blah blah short there was 1 other person before I was seen Yay
    She saw bacteria in my urine sample and gave me a script for antibiotics and sent me to a imaging center to see if I might have a stone as well as an infection. Karma didn't like me or something right as I was being called into the back to prep for x-rays the office had to shut down, the imaging decoder thingie that translates the image from x-ray onto the computer had released its magic smoke and no more workie.
    I just wanted to go home and lay down, but I looked like a ghost and was shaking like a leaf in a high wind, the Wifey dropped me off at a hospital, it was jam packed in their waiting room too but I was called in real fast, my BP was through the roof, I was shaking and I was super pale.
    The nice people gave me morphine which is sadly now wearing off and since my stone has almost made it to the bladder and is only 3mm in size they sent me home with stuff to help pass it - fun times ahead, oh boy - fun times
    Last edited by iradney; 12-20-2012, 01:50 PM. Reason: removed fratching material

Quoth MournBlade View Post
    SF : You are only a receptionist I don't care what you think, thinking is too hard for you
    I would have called Security at this point! And smacked the cretin!

Quoth MournBlade View Post
    a woman stomps in demanding to see the Dr right now, she's a nurse she says, she's not got time to wait with the lowly rabble she says. Luckily the receptionist runs her off fairly quickly but the bitch makes accusations of the receptionist being rude, lazy and dumb - she had to stomp back in after she left to remind the poor gal of all that again
    Again, a call to Security would be most definitely in order! Frog march anyone?

I just passed my kidney stone (thank goodness), so I know what you're going through! Hope you get better fast!

Comment

I hope it's out quickly without too much pain! Good luck.

That idiot demanding meds without seeing the doctor was probably trying to get something he can't have...oxycontin or something. My sister managed her BF's office for a while and they had a lot of regulars come in who would try to get their meds renewed early, because they were popping too many, usually oxycontin or something like that. They were addicted or getting close to it and the doc was stuck with them as they had been banned from all the other medical offices in town.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had a job interview today - getting notified about it only 16 hours before hand.
        I think I aced it and showed them I really want the job, showing up in pain - I hope.
        This stone is far less painful than my last one from 8 years ago thank God.
        But it still feels like I'm being shot or stabbed with a rusty knife when it moves.
        I'm going from drinking 100 ounces of water to 150 - 200 ounces a day in the hopes that I never get one again.

Comment

I'm sorry you are dealing with a kidney stone. those suck.
          (sorry for typing errors typing left handed)

Comment

Oh, that sucks. My mom gets stones.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X