This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did We Come Here?

One time, I was ask to help install a router for a store before they opened.

Here's what you need to know about this story.

1. I lived in Greensboro, NC, at the time.
    2. The store was in Charlotte, NC. That's a 1½ hour drive.
    3. We had to show up at 6 am. That meant I had to leave home at 4 am.
    4. The contracting company that sent us there was extremely slow to pay. That's probably why they couldn't find anyone in Charlotte to do the job.
    5. I was riding down with another sub-contractor. He was going to install the hardware and cabling, while I was going to program the router and test the equipment.

Here's what happened. We arrive in this store just before 6 am. We knock on the door and the assistant store manager lets us in. He shows us where they want everything to be installed. They wanted the router upstairs while the computers would be down in the showrooms. I called someone who was supervising the project for advice on how to run cable for a hard ceiling.

Not more than 20 minutes after we arrived on-site, the store manager walks up to us and tells us that this was not a good time for the installation and told us to go away. To say that we were unhappy with that would be a complete and total understatement. Being the professionals we were, we just packed up our tools and left.

About 10 minutes after we left, the project supervisor called us and ask what questions we had about the project. I told him that he didn't need to bother with the advice since we were told to go home. To say that he was unhappy was a complete and total understatement. Thankfully, he didn't blame us.

Needless to say, we didn't go back.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Please tell me you both charged a "trip fee" for going out there?

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
      Please tell me you both charged a "trip fee" for going out there?
      We did get compensated as if we completed the job. It wasn't our fault that we were turned away.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
      X