Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So one time when I was in high school (like a freshman) and decided that I was gonna make cookies. My dad's house is kind of a wreck and to top it all off just a couple days before my dad had the cops over because he had gone on a camping trip and I was staying at a friend's and someone had broken in and stolen a couple of of rifles/shotguns.

So to "clean" before the cops came over, dad took the pile of pots and pans and stuck them in the oven.... including a metal spatula with a rubber handle.

So I made the dough and didn't preheat the oven until after the dough was made, and I'm yakking away on the phone and I turn around and see this black smoke coming from the kitchen, quickly hung up the phone saying to my friend "I gotta go, I think I just set my kitchen on fire."

My dad also just had cleaned out a bunch of stuff from his truck, including a small car fire extinguisher, so for a small flame not much bigger than a fist that looked like an over-blown clandle flame, I unleashed the entire thing into my oven.

It took soooo long to clean that crap out of there before we could cook in it again.

Comment

OK, way back when I was a teen or in my 20's (medieval times, kids ) my mom decided to make pretzels. The big giant kind that you have to bake. She must have used too much grease on the pans or something. My sisters and I were in our bedroom listening to music when we suddenly heard her yelling "The oven's on fire!"

My dad came running and somehow put the fire out, I don't remember how. Meanwhile I had run downstairs to my grandparents' place and called the fire dept. Then we had to hold the dog while the firemen came in to check things out. All I remember about them is how freakin' huge they looked in full firefighting gear.

I had no taste for those giant pretzels for YEARS after that.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I was warming up some cookies in the microwave to soften them up. I turned around and there were flames....
        My Wajas cave

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
          I was warming up some cookies in the microwave to soften them up. I turned around and there were flames....
          My worst was baking cookies one day, small kitchen, I put the cookie sheet on the stove top, took off the cookies, then laid the pot holder on the cookie sheet.
          Then turned on the eye to make tea, turning on the wrong eye, the one under the cookie sheet.

Pot holders burst into flames, smoke alarm went off. I just grabbed a box of baking soda and tossed the contents on the flames.

Kinda dashed the heroic intentions of my neighbor (this was a duplex) who rushed into my house without knocking ready to pull me from a burning building

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Another Seraphim!
            Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
            When I read that I thought this was a Seraph thread.

Glad to see I'm not the only one!
            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
            X