This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
    We don't restrain people just because they're a psych patient. If they're suicidal, we do remove all their personal belongings so they can't harm themselves. If they are suicidal, homicidal or there under an emergency court order, they will be restrained if they attempt to run away multiple times. If anyone is super aggressive and trying to hurt staff, themselves, or other patients, we restrain them at that point as well. We use both chemical and physical restraints. We're very familiar with what works and what doesn't with our frequent fliers. We medicate with small amounts of medication to keep the edge off. We talk to patients. We distract them with food and magazines. I don't mean to stand on a soap box but I take pride in a non-restrained psych pod. Sometimes, restraints are unavoidable (especially with bath salts), but we really try our hardest to make the hospital nontraumatizing.
    I once went to the hospital for suicidal thoughts. They didn't restrain me, but there was a camera in the room, and if I stretched, or rolled onto my side, or stood up, a police officer would run in and ask what my problem was.
    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
      I'm just wondering how the person with the flu is well enough to even stand. Last time I had the flu, I was in bed for over a week. I could barely stay awake for three or four days, never mind work.
      everyone responds differently to being sick. I don't recall any flu being particularly horrible, just very achy and tired to the point where making my bed sapped my energy. But it only for a couple of days tops.

Comment

Working...
      X