This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Moments of Awesome

Let's be honest, despite all of the customers that annoy the crap out of us and try our patience (some intentionally, some not), this is the time of the year when we can make some serious coolness happen for some tired shopper. Share your Moments of Awesome here.

Today alone, I think I made at least two little kids (and their parents) happy. I tore apart the store (and had another associate do the same at their store) looking for a 76 key electronic keyboard for a mom who was trying to finish up her shopping. No dice. Checked BYPT website-- incredibly slim chance of a Christmas Eve arrival. Checked our other method of ordering. This time, it said Dec 24. I told the mom it could slip until after Christmas, she booked the order anyway and praised me for my efforts. Here's hoping her son gets his keyboard!

The next was a nine year-old girl who wanted... a record player! A real live, honest to goodness record player! Not an iPod, not an MP3 player! Inventory said we had two left... was it true? Or was it some evil plot by the Grinch to make a kid cry? There were, in fact, TWO left on the sales floor. Her daddy smiled real big because he'd already ordered records of her favorite artists.

These two moments more than offset the annoyances and aggravations of the past few days. Now let's hear yours.
    Last edited by Mike Taylor; 12-22-2012, 04:31 AM. Reason: wrong placement of parenthesis.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

A customer sought my manager out on Wednesday to tell how wonderful she thinks I am. And this is hilarious, because she's the grouchiest customer ever, so it was really sweet of her! It's nice to know that my tactic of "be super nice to the rude customers" is paying off.

Comment

You might have been the one bright spot in an otherwise crummy day for them. Good for you.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

No more moments of awesome to share?

Comment

Despite my black mood towards Christmas this year, I have some extremely bright spots. Lots of people were genuinely happy that we were open and thanked me for working on Christmas. Even the Germophobe lady (and she called herself that) was happy we were open.

Then a coworker shared a story on Facebook about how a guy came in and bought two ice scrapers for two strangers because they didn't have anything to clear their cars off.

Then I had something happen that you pretty much only see in Reader's Digest. On Friday we were busy and people were still pretty jolly. I rang up this couple who used a gift card they didn't quite use it all so they told me to let the old guy behind them use the rest. All 55 cents of it, which was very nice of them. He had a couple of things that were ringing up right and I was trying to get it all sorted out. While I'm doing that this other family in line comes up and thanks the guy for being a veteran (he's cap had Korean War veteran on it) and they wanted to pay for his order. As if that wasn't enough, the guy wasn't even buying the food for himself. He was buying it for the food pantry. So the family pays for his stuff, helps him bring it out to his car and then turn around and buy the guy a big box of candy. After that I felt like a just lived through a Hallmark commercial. Still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Had a woman come up to me as we were putting out toys from the backroom who said I was the best person ever for restocking the shelves there. Or something.

About my age, not bad looking, no ring as far as I could tell. I should've asked for her number.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A guy came up to my register on Christmas Eve, bought $23 worth of stuff, handed me $40, and told me to keep the change. We're not really supposed to accept tips, but my shift leader said it was ok this once.
              It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you look really cool doing it! -- Julio Scoundrel, Order of the Stick

Comment

Working...
              X