This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask someone for their receipt...

And you're accusing them of theft! That deserves a whuppin'!

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/12/...-buy-employee/

We also checked at my <last store>. If a customer used the registers right by the checker they were usually good to go, but if they used another one then they got asked.

Only complaint I heard about was that one customer had contacted corporate to claim it was racially motivated. ().

but you know... at least we never had anyone try to beat them up over it. meh.

Comment

I'm just over a lot of the comments and in particular the fact that they weren't deleted!

Comment

One of the attackers is a East St. Louis councilwoman and employed at a school district. Something tells me that the disorderly conduct charge will be the least of her worries.

Comment

I work not for a retailer of products, but rather the place that manufactures them.

Its astounding at how many people think a receipt is optional. We can and do require a receipt. No receipt? Sorry, you're out of luck.

This rarely goes over well.

But when has it become so that you no longer need proof of purchase to be able to return anything to anywhere? Whatever happened to the whole idea of a receipt as proof of purchase?

Comment

We had a similar case here last year. A greeter at Mall-Wart asked a customer to show her receipt. Customer objected, got mouthy, hauled off and slugged the elderly greeter. Tried to claim she accidentally hit her with her elbow. Security cameras showed her stepping back, planting one foot for balance, and swinging a fist into the greeter's face, then standing there watching as she fell.

She was convicted of assault and sentenced to jail time....which she is now whining about because she's eight months pregnant.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X