This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    Some, like one of the local papers here, have a call in/e-mail section that limits you to x amt of time/words to voice a comment or complaint on current issues.

Ours puts the actual e-mails in, spelling mistakes and all.
    Mine's the same way: 200 words max per letter, and they don't do much correcting for spelling or grammar.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      You laugh, and rightly so. However, our local news ran stories about long lines at the post office and other places during the holiday season. You'd think that'd be a "duh" story, but apparently someone thought it was newsworthy.
      slow news day

Comment

At the Big Yellow Price Tag, at least one of our stores had a customer pull the "that's why you're going out of business" line because FastCard's giftcard activation system crashed.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
          C : Are you open today?

Me: We sure are ma'am!

C : Okay, what time do you open?

Me: Since an hour and 10 minutes ago?

C : Oh! You're already open!!

Me: Well yeah! how else could I answer the phone!

Both of us:

See, this one you have to allow with a grain of salt. There have been plenty of times when I've been in our shop either after hours, before opening time or a day when we're closed and I answered the phone. I just figure it's easier for a customer to talk to a live person rather than a machine.

Comment

You know, I went to pick up a couple of last-minute gift cards Christmas Eve, and found out the store's system wasn't transmitting the cards at all for activation.

Funny enough, I went down the street to someplace else to get them. Maybe I should have went ballistic instead? Who knew?
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              I get the feeling that she's really gonna call the newspaper

And when the guy at the copy desk sees that number flash on his caller ID, he'll roll his eyes, groan a large groan and think "Oh man, not HER and the "store running a scam" story again"
              and then she's going to have a shit fit that they IGNORED her important impotent story. again.

Comment

You mean stores run out of stuff? Go figure. Here I thought the back room was infinitely large and contained stuff from an infinite time period.

Comment

When I told the story to my dad, he bellowed "What the f*ck happened to putting money in an enveloppe???"
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                  X