This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last-minute customers, again

Yesterday we were open til midnight. MOD didn't even know why; the store was practically dead from 10PM on. So those of us who weren't tied to a register did some blocking and general cleaning. At one point NCL conscripted me to help stock a cooler and haul cardboard back to the baler (I'm not certified to actually run the baler, but I do like breaking down boxes and stuffing them in especially if I have to play reverse Jenga to do it).

One of our pleasant last-minute regulars (he's always late, but knows the rules) showed up, with a bonus for us--a jumbo-size bag of candy-cane Hershey Kisses

Cig Guy showed up again, but he was civil and actually paid with cash (quarters and dimes, which is still annoying).

There was one old lady who, according to MOD, came into the store at 10PM-ish and was just wandering the aisles. I think I heard her yelling at one of the night crew about how DARE they leave a pallet of boxes in the aisle, doesn't he know customers can get hurt?

At 11:59, she comes up to the register. Immediately starts in with 'now I have this coupon, and this should be this price, I also have this coupon but I dropped it on the floor somewhere but I still want the coupon price', etc. Starts eyeballing the register screen and querying every price and product abbreviation ("WHAT'S 'BERRY'? I DIDN'T BUY ANY BERRIES!"...ma'am, that's 'Breyers'). Wants everything bagged in double paper, triple plastic. Tries to dispute the tax on her toilet paper, power strip, batteries and bleach (I think she thought that if you have any groceries in a purchase, nothing should be taxed).

Somehow, we all get out on time (12:03, within the time clock fudge factor).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X